Mandatory update now?

Wonder why when everything is shut down for a few months it causes issues when restarting ... it shouldn't do this .

Don't know if this is related but, I remember reading comments from another member somewhere in this vast forum that talked about issues with DJI hardware that sat unused for long periods (several months or more). He expressed much the same comments as you, but then he actually took it further to expain what was happening and why. He'd done some research, got very technical in the discussion, and seemed to know what he was talking about. Not sure but I almost think it had something to do with stability of the type of memory used in DJI products. Not sure where that thread is now. I found it by accident and was reading it one night when I got bored.

Wonder why when everything is shut down for a few months it causes issues when restarting ... it shouldn't do this ... is the firmware loosing it's flash??? This doesn't make sense?! And DJI-GO4 is already integrated into the PLUS controller so it shouldn't have any issues either.
Could also be one of the built-in phone home features that searches for a time out function to enable future control (mandatory updates) of previously sold aircraft, installed preemptively, to keep the FAA happy with DJI. Certainly a possibility, with what we know now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72