Major Vibrations P3P

And still vibrating ? Have you let it do another imu calibration and verified level with a tool ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

And still vibrating ? Have you let it do another imu calibration and verified level with a tool ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have done 3 cold calibrations. Yes, everything level with a custom leveling board. Check level with long level, small level, and iPhone.

I finally gave up on my P3S. My problems started with the November firmware update. Same vibrations in the drone obvious in the gimbal. Did multiple good cold IMU cals trying to get stability back. Followed the advice of the DJI rep on their forum and adjusted the gains multiple times. Also had good compass cals in metal free environments. I had hoped the December firmware would help, but no luck. Disappointed as it was rock solid prior to the firmware. Sent it back today for a refund. I guess I'll try a P3A as my return should be almost the same $. I'm not sure what happened with the firmware, but it seems to affect seemingly random P3's; old and new motors, and all three versions.

Hopefully I'll get a lucky one next time that has an immunity to the jitters.

Hopefully I'll get a lucky one next time that has an immunity to the jitters.

I have a 4k P3P with the cold weather update and the gimble could not be more smooth. I've moved it side to side quickly with the right stick in an effort to shake the camera. It still stays surprisingly stable.

So I guess some are good.

Hallo, i have a Phantom 3 ADV. I had a vibration issue after upgrading from 1.4 to 1.6. I downgraded to 1.5.30+ but this didn't solve the problem. Propellers, imu, gimbal calibration are ok. May you help me?

Hallo, i have a Phantom 3 ADV. I had a vibration issue after upgrading from 1.4 to 1.6. I downgraded to 1.5.30+ but this didn't solve the problem. Propellers, imu, gimbal calibration are ok. May you help me?

Holly crap!!!!

I'm glad mine is very light compared to this.

hi, i finally get my phantom 3 pro replace with a new motors and new all but my cuestion is? any vibration in the new 1.6.0040 or the new model v2 phantom 3?

^ There are good news

What about the other guys of this thread that had vibration issues ?

Had vibrations after the firmware update on my P3S. It really never resolved, so I returned it and got a P3A. That solved it!

All,
I have read this thread and researched this issue across the web. I recently purchased a 2nd hand P3P that had this issue, and I already had a good working P3P that has the latest firmware. I tried all of the recommendations here except the props, I know it's not the props because I swapped them between the two P3P's. My theory from reading all of this is that DJI swapped suppliers on a board, controller, or chip at some point and the new firmware affects some but not others. Let me be clear, the affected drone flies flawlessly. This problem is ONLY at idle when the drone is on a flat surface.

My observation: At startup, the P3P powers up normally and after motor initialization about 10 seconds will pass when I hear the motor pitch raise up a bit, and the vibration begins in all 4 arms. I've tried different surfaces underneath the drone and then I discovered the most amazing thing. I read a post here that someone suggested holding the landers and the vibration would stop- he attributed this to Gain. So, I took two small squares (6" x 6") of thin foam, about 1" thick and put it under each side of the landing pads, restarted the drone, and guess what...the vibration completely goes away. I then cut two pieces of the foam to the width of the landers, zip tied it on, and tested the unit on every surface I could find. NO Vibration. Remove foam, vibration is back. Amazing...a nickels worth of foam makes a $1200 piece of electronics settle down. How's that for engineering.

If I was spitballing causes I'd say that there is some change in sensitivity within the firmware, and a board or controller is over-compensating for the feedback coming through the drone. I would hope, as many of you also do, that DJI is reading this, taking notes, and will reflect this in the next firmware release.

Try the foam or another soft cushioned surface under yours, I'm curious if this can be repeated.

My apologies for the long post, but I am sure this has more than a few people going crazy.

UAVMuse canb you explain a little more clearly how you did this with the foam..maybe a picture? Two 6x6 pieces of foam are pretty big
Understood. I'll try and post pics later. The first two pieces at 6 x 6 were just the first thing I grabbed to "cushion" the P3P from surface contact.

Pics of foam..anything to keep it off the surface. Not a fix, just a scientific experiment.
IMG_4866.jpg

Well finally got some time to get back out today...my P3P was pretty solid except for that **** vibration!!! Wind was about 10-15mph temp around 38°F and it held pretty good...I really wish DJI would fix this **** vibration issue when hovering! On Firmware 1.6 btw

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart