Major Vibrations P3P

Some of the people who I've spoken to with the new motors said they're fine. No vibrations what so ever. I'm just putting the pieces together in hopes to be right. It just seems everyone who is experiencing the vibrations, some worse than others, have the old motors on their Phantom. If a firmware was able to screw it all up, a firmware is able to correct it. If more people bother DJI about it, then they'll get the hint this is a big issue.

By the way, I have the version with OLD motors and NEW body shell. I wanted to wait with this firmware update but DJI GO app was very annoying with "please update firmware" and more I red many positive comments about 1.5 firmware so at the end I updated. Big fail, next time I'll wait at least to months before upgrading!!

Reactions: Kevin Cabral
By the way, I have the version with OLD motors and NEW body shell. I wanted to wait with this firmware update but DJI GO app was very annoying with "please update firmware" and more I red many positive comments about 1.5 firmware so at the end I updated. Big fail, next time I'll wait at least to months before upgrading!!
Yeah you see, you have the old motors and experiencing the vibration problem. Luckily when my Phantom vibrates during hover, the vibrations seen on the gimbal/camera unit doesn't transfer into my video. I'm the same way. I had 1.4 no issues. Then DJI Go app kept bothering me about updating to 1.5. So I did, big mistake that was. Even when you downgrade to 1.4, it's not the same anymore. Flies weird, 1.5 flies better than 1.4 for me now. Although it flies better, I still don't trust it. If I fly it now, it's in an area where if it falls it'll land somewhere soft.

Those of you who will contact DJI, direct them to this thread. So they know it's a big problem. I sent a DJI agent at least 2-3 url links directing them to others complaining about the vibration issues happening when hovering.

I might have the answer for the vibrations to the gimbal unit. Someone from DJI respond to a thread I've been following on the DJI forum. They said to 'disable synchronous follow'. I assume it's under the gimbal unit. I asked in the thread to make sure, but I'm sure it's under that. I don't have my Phantom with me. Can someone check and try?

Here's what they said

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-12-18-31-22.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-12-18-31-22.png
    175 KB · Views: 422
Reactions: Fabio Dellino
I've seen it in the gimbal settings, if you move the stick to yaw with it sitting on the ground, the gimbal moves to pre-empt and smooth out the yaw movement.
It has always done this back to Phantom2 but now you can turn it off in the app.
I'm not sure it will be entirely a good idea but worth trying.
Ideally you might be able to reduce the damping effect gradually on a scale

Im not 100%, but since it cames last time from DJI, doesnt vibrate..or at least, that i can see...P3A with 1.5.

Drifts a lot...but thats other issue..

Guys, the problem is that our bird should fly normally and with NO vibrations without all these intrigues we are trying to do!
It's not normal that if I want a full working machine I should do many experiments! We just need a DEFAULT full working machine with the right firmware!

Keep us posted.
@bobmyers
I'm only part way through this thread on vibrations but I see that you are very knowledgeable and I thank you in advance for a reply. I just updated my P3P to the newest firmware for the aircraft, RC and app and I noticed that when idling on the ground the arms vibrate just a bit. I don't recall seeing this before the updates but I have only had the P3P for a few weeks (100's of hours with the P2V). Like I said I only have a little bit of vibration in the arms (equally on all arms) and when I take off it stops. No vibration at all, no drifting nothing and the P3P actually seems more responsive with all the updates. So what I'm asking is, is a nominal vibration of the arms while idling on the ground normal? I did roll back the firmware and reinstall the latest and did 2 IMU calibrations too. Thanks again for your reply!

Has anyone disabled 'synchronous follow'? I'm not home yet, will try later. Hopefully by disabling it, it helps the vibrations.

I disabled it and was going to go out and fly feel asleep, woke up and noticed it's dark out lol. I'm debating whether I want to head out tonight and give it a try simply bc the weather is decent on the east coast.

I disabled it and was going to go out and fly feel asleep, woke up and noticed it's dark out lol. I'm debating whether I want to head out tonight and give it a try simply bc the weather is decent on the east coast.
Try it out :) it's misty here in Toronto so I can't. Just curious to know if disabling it helps the vibrations when hovering.

hi guys I noticed the vibrations over the weekend with my p3p I am not a happy bunny
I just got past the drifting issue & random screen disconnection with fw1.4 and now this viberations issue with fw1.5

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT