Major Vibrations P3P

I had updated last night to 1.5... today in the morning I did an indoor hover test and did see the gimbal vibrating that i had not seen before. Disappointed, but immediately downgraded... did another test and gimbal is steady now..

Change all the props with your backup set. Balanced or not, change them as step #1. I don't think it is software or ESCs or motors.
done already....but the vibrations had stopped before I changed them..Do you recommend the Carbon Fibre ones, black DJI sells?

Change all the props with your backup set. Balanced or not, change them as step #1. I don't think it is software or ESCs or motors.
See my post above.. all these people cant suddenly have out of balance props over night.

I had updated last night to 1.5... today in the morning I did an indoor hover test and did see the gimbal vibrating that i had not seen before. Disappointed, but immediately downgraded... did another test and gimbal is steady now..
Looks like a confirmation software upgrade does cause vibrations..can't see what else caused this

Looks like a confirmation software upgrade does cause vibrations..can't see what else caused this
Yes, as bizarre as it sounds that a software upgrade can induce a vibration, all the evidence seems to point that direction. I guess I won't be upgrading until this is resolved. My bird is flying fine, I have no compelling motive to upgrade.

Yes, as bizarre as it sounds that a software upgrade can induce a vibration, all the evidence seems to point that direction. I guess I won't be upgrading until this is resolved. My bird is flying fine, I have no compelling motive to upgrade.
Well mine is flying as it did before the upgrade but the fact it did have major vibration kinda makes me nervous, it might occur again, if it does I will downgrade as well..

Finally someone else! I noticed this terrible wobble right after updating to the newest firmware. I've tried to play a bit with the gains which seemed to have an effect - but it might be just an illusion because the problem is come and go and is not constant.
The wobble is best visible at 1:07 and can be heard at 0:03.

Props are balanced. Never had similar problem before updating.

I did an cold IMU calibration the same day as I upgraded. - it didn't have any positive effect.
Changed props - nothing - no difference at all. My props are balanced so I would be surprised if that helped.
I can see the wobble only during hover. It is not visible on the ground or when ascending/descending.

Last edited:
Just saw this thread , and had to check because this was disturbing and seems unsafe.

I had upgraded last week to 1.5. Without flying this week at all.
Tonight I set the bird on the table and didnt notice any vibration from any of the motors or gimbal.

I do remember last week doing Android App upgrade -> Bird upgrade -> RC Upgrade -> cold IMU calibration

If I do see any vibrations I guess I ll follow the only solution so far; downgrade -> upgrade -> IMU

Just saw this thread , and had to check because this was disturbing and seems unsafe.

I had upgraded last week to 1.5. Without flying this week at all.
Tonight I set the bird on the table and didnt notice any vibration from any of the motors or gimbal.

I do remember last week doing Android App upgrade -> Bird upgrade -> RC Upgrade -> cold IMU calibration

If I do see any vibrations I guess I ll follow the only solution so far; downgrade -> upgrade -> IMU

The downgrade, upgrade, IMU calibration didn't work for me I'm going to try just down grading to 1.4 and see what happens if it doesn't work I'm exchanging it.

I am sick about people's that says is props balance or IMU! I was the second person to writing on this tread cause I update and vibrate start and all the advices doesn't help me so I send it to dji ! what ever it is that vibration is make my shell crack too and they will fix it

Finally someone else! I noticed this terrible wobble right after updating to the newest firmware. I've tried to play a bit with the gains which seemed to have an effect - but it might be just an illusion because the problem is come and go and is not constant.
The wobble is best visible at 1:07 and can be heard at 0:03.

Props are balanced. Never had similar problem before updating.

I did an cold IMU calibration the same day as I upgraded. - it didn't have any positive effect.
Changed props - nothing - no difference at all. My props are balanced so I would be surprised if that helped.
I can see the wobble only during hover. It is not visible on the ground or when ascending/descending.
THis is exactly what occurred with mine...mirror image but you know mine resolved after another flight...don't know why or how...or could it just be temporary?...any way no doubt it's a firmware glitch DJI needs to get on it ASAP..

THis is exactly what occurred with mine...mirror image but you know mine resolved after another flight...don't know why or how...or could it just be temporary?...any way no doubt it's a firmware glitch DJI needs to get on it ASAP..

I sometimes get this wobble, and other times not. Or sometimes it's stronger and then it fades away. I will try to downgrade and upgrade again and do a fresh IMU cal.

I agree not a prop issue...i just flew now and for couple of seconds it was vibrating really bad, applied tad throttle and hovered nicely with no vibration..very weird and I can say , never had this issue before the new update
I just got mine back from DJI with full calibration and updates. First hover, exact same as you; then, seems OK ???

Yes I agree which makes is likely the problem with new firmware not giving enough juice during hover mode
I'm not sure but it sounds related: When I did an auto take-off today it only went to about 2 feet and hovered. At least it was with no perceptive vibes.

Have more people with the vibration issue, downgraded and upgraded again to see if that fixes the issue? Apparently a downgrade and an upgrade was recommended by a DJI support rep.

I downgraded, than upgraded back again, did an IMU calibration. Didn't help :(. I also have significant horizon drifting problem so I consider sending it in.

It didn't work for me either but I'm an Elite plus member at Best Buy so I exchanged mine. On the replacement I uploaded firmware 1.4 I'm staying away from 1.5 for right now maybe tomorrow I can get a test flight in and report back

I downgraded to 1.4 did imu, flew on that..no vibration but major drift in hover...really upgraded to 1.5 did imu, flew one battery before work, no vibration...will fly more tomorrow and see how it goes...but way to much drift in hover in 1.4 for me to stay there...btw, I was on 1.5 had vib, downgraded then upgraded and still had vib before I did the above...I am not sending mine out again, I truly believe this is a firmware issue because if u downgrade to 1.4 vib is totally gone but drift is there

Last edited:
I downgraded to 1.4 did imu, flew on that..no vibration but major drift in hover...really upgraded to 1.5 did imu, flew one battery before work, no vibration...will fly more tomorrow and see how it goes...but way to much drift in hover in 1.4 for me to stay there...btw, I was on 1.5 had vib, downgraded then upgraded and still had vib before I did the above...I am not sending mine out again, I truly believe this is a firmware issue because if u downgrade to 1.4 vib is totally gone but drift is there

I've used 1.4 before with no issue I'm the total opposite. I rather have a little to no drift then to have the vibration the P3P was shaking like a car that was ready to turn off

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart