Major Vibrations P3P

Another thing I have read is that there could be cracks well inside of the plastic screw housing that are difficult to see. This is located under the motor inside the plastic housing.

I had this problem with the old firmware. Not flown on the new firmware yet. Some flights it seems to be fine but others it really shakes.

I read everyone's response to this thread but no one mentioned the prox sensor as feedback. The new firmware load could be handling the two prox sensors differently. Maybe the implemented a new low pass filter or a new algorithm.

Is there a way to use a very smooth ground surface beneath the quad? Or switch some mode to use a more different algorithm?
If you mean the VPS, it was one of the early things we asked about.
Major Vibrations P3P | DJI Phantom Forum

The video is spot on! Same happened to me today on my first flight after all firmware updates (rc, aircraft and app - ios) and a cold IMU calibration (in a perfectly leveled surface). As soon as I got it up (P3A), I let it hover at 2 meters above the ground (like I usually do to check everything). It started shaking like crazy, I thought it would break apart at any time!

It never did nothing like this in all the previous flights (and I have made quite a few...). I mantained the bird hovering for some more time to see if it continued...and it did.

I couldn´t see the reason why. From the previous flight, the only variable are the new firmwares. Props are in great shape, zero cracks, zero accidents.

I thought it was a bit silly to blame it on the firmwares...but this thread is starting to prove me wrong!

Well, to conclude my experience, I decided to fly a bit to see if it would disapear. And after some minutes of regular flying, I hovered again and, the shaking kind of disapered.

Let´s see how it goes on the next flight.
This is exactly what happened to me today, it started to vibrate like crazy when hovering but just for a few seconds and then disappeared after flying around a bit. But yesterday it occurred after flying around a lot...so no idea , inconsistent and kinda worried..I will have to fly around few more times to see if it returns.

I've notice this very same thing when hovering in the backyard a moment ago. However, after further testing, the video is still silky smooth...weird.

I say my props is new! and my shell have reenforsment so is not crack (yet) never crash! never crazy landing even use auto landing or go home! gimbal reenforsment so my gimbal never was hit, all is and was perfect and wen I download the firmware this happen! stop to say is props or motors or shell or calibration! cause this is firmware UPDATED FAIL

I say my props is new! and my shell have reenforsment so is not crack (yet) never crash! never crazy landing even use auto landing or go home! gimbal reenforsment so my gimbal never was hit, all is and was perfect and wen I download the firmware this happen! stop to say is props or motors or shell or calibration! cause this is firmware UPDATED FAIL

Man, that is crazy-- something bad wrong there. :confused::confused:

Does it do the same thing with the props off?

Does it do the same thing with the props off?
Yes same thing... I will not fly more and wait for a clear solution I have a lot to lose and to be honest we don't have the solution! At list not with this update fail

I just took another close look and noticed stress cracks on one of my arms, where the 4 screws that hold the motor attach, not the typical place where these crack. I did give it 2x 10 minute flights right after I did the firmware, before i noticed the shaking. I'm not 100% sure if the cracks were there before and or if this vibration problem made the problem more visible. This is displeasing.

I just took another close look and noticed stress cracks on one of my arms, where the 4 screws that hold the motor attach, not the typical place where these crack. I did give it 2x 10 minute flights right after I did the firmware, before i noticed the shaking. I'm not 100% sure if the cracks were there before and or if this vibration problem made the problem more visible. This is displeasing.
SUCKS.// take a photo...curious if I have them now as I had the same major vibrations..

I have a new p3p. Two weeks old.
New motors, no cracks.
Did update and that vibration from the video.
Only noticed it when hovering before landing.
But I guess must have been on the whole flight.

I have a new p3p. Two weeks old.
New motors, no cracks.
Did update and that vibration from the video.
Only noticed it when hovering before landing.
But I guess must have been on the whole flight.
Exactly same thing for me...so more people are coming out of the wood work..Place a ticket with DJI as I did...hopefully they will issue a fix sooner than later ...

Attachments

• 1448861220500.jpg
    1448861220500.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 501
OH ****. for sure caused by the **** vibrations and from what it looks like this is a firmware update blunder for some...by major vibrations seemed to have passed by I only did one flight post. Maybe it needs time to adjust or something..I don't know, I'm only guessing and praying, mine is only 3.5 weeks old..

I agree not a prop issue...i just flew now and for couple of seconds it was vibrating really bad, applied tad throttle and hovered nicely with no vibration..very weird and I can say , never had this issue before the new update
I can't confirm but have a feeling that new update had reduced the idling speed of motors.

I can't confirm but have a feeling that new update had reduced the idling speed of motors.
BINGO you nailed it!! Reason why when I increase on the throttle just tad, it disappears and everything oscillates like it did before!..Lets tell DJI..I will when the respond to my ticket

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Exactly same thing for me...so more people are coming out of the wood work..Place a ticket with DJI as I did...hopefully they will issue a fix sooner than later ...

Also questioned DJI support about this issue. Let´s see how it goes...

Reactions: Static8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart