Main Controller Data error

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been getting a main controller data error and IMU error, everything seems to be ok in flight I've recalibrate Imu and it say calibrated but still says error. I've read that the data sd card might be corrupt, I've removed the battery and looked inside for the card and think I can feel it above and at the back. My question is how hard is it to remove the card and if replaced will it most likely rectify the problem, any comments appreciated

Hi all, I've been getting a main controller data error and IMU error, everything seems to be ok in flight I've recalibrate Imu and it say calibrated but still says error. I've read that the data sd card might be corrupt, I've removed the battery and looked inside for the card and think I can feel it above and at the back. My question is how hard is it to remove the card and if replaced will it most likely rectify the problem, any comments appreciated
I wouldn't recommend that direction, the Black Box Card is soldered / glued to the main board.

"main controller data error"
I have never heard of this, you have an Advanced?
Post a screen shot?
Where is this message displayed?

Anybody else?

Rod

I wouldn't recommend that direction, the Black Box Card is soldered / glued to the main board.

"main controller data error"
I have never heard of this, you have an Advanced?
Post a screen shot?
Where is this message displayed?

Anybody else?

Rod
Rod, I have the P3 advanced, I took the MC SD card out and replaced with a new one and all is good now....
IMG_1189.JPG

Reactions: Mark The Droner
thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Good to here it!

Your showing it with a mirror smaller then my thumb, forget that, I would have already broke the mirror or worse. :rolleyes:

So where does somebody get the knowledge of this type of message actually means "main controller data error"?

Is this in the Manuel?

Rod

Reactions: Sparky1963
I guess, my thoughts are is there a place that has a list of these error codes, and what can cause the error messages. Maybe some like Wikipedia were people could report these new codes when they our found. I guess we just keep using google, etc, :rolleyes:

Rod

Reactions: Sparky1963
If changing the SD card does the trick, then cool; if not, then it may be the imu gyroscope that is stuck. Have you tried to calibrate the IMU? If so, and you get stuck at 1%, then there's the problem. I had that same message; IMU calibration was getting stuck at 1%. I did some searching and found this tutorial, followed the steps, and my problem was fixed.

Great Video Prak, I wish this would work with mine.
Welcome to the forum!
Give us some info here.

BTW, Dude this thread is 5 years old.

Rod

Reactions: crash1sttime
Im aware. I have the same problem and was talking with Prak on Wednesday and he told me my Phantom was bricked. Ugg
I guess I'm stupid who is "Prak"
I don't see that name on this thread I also did a member search.

Rod.

I didn' see it either but i heard someone say his name or he said it. He is from iRepairMD LLC. I just watched the video again and he said his name and the company iRepairMD at the end of the video

Reactions: RodPad
I didn' see it either but i heard someone say his name or he said it. He is from iRepairMD LLC. I just watched the video again and he said his name and the company iRepairMD at the end of the video
Thanks for the reply.

So how did you get here.

Rod..

Sorry man, yes.
I'm still stuck on this "Prak" thing.
I guess if I watched the videos that would be the clue.
The reason why I'm here now, is because I posted on this thread in the past.

If you want help on this problem, start a new thread. 👌

Rod..

I actually did start a thread..no responses yet though. Thanks. I bought my Phantom 4 a year ago and have been having a ball with it. A month ago i was flying it at our VFW club filming a cornhole tournament and was using an after market battery and the battery came out mid flight and it fell to the ground. It severed the gimbal flex cable so i bought a new one from irepair and installed. The camera works fine but now im getting the Main controller data error and Data recording error as well as Data logger error. Im stumped now and cant seem to get it up in the air?????

Im very happy to report that I have gotten past the error messages. I changed the internal sd card and that did the trick. Took it out and did some test flights now im trying to calibrate the IMU. it keeps telling me after 10 mins or so that it can't calibrate at this temp..... Error code -13. At least Im past the first 2 codes that would not let me fly. I will update when i finally get everything 100%.. Does anyone know what the code 13 is???

Reactions: RodPad
I actually did start a thread..no responses yet though. Thanks. I bought my Phantom 4 a year ago and have been having a ball with it. A month ago i was flying it at our VFW club filming a cornhole tournament and was using an after market battery and the battery came out mid flight and it fell to the ground. It severed the gimbal flex cable so i bought a new one from irepair and installed. The camera works fine but now im getting the Main controller data error and Data recording error as well as Data logger error. Im stumped now and cant seem to get it up in the air?????
You started posting in a P3 thread.

Now you have a P4?

For others here is the thread with new information: Main Controller Data Error

Rod..

Update: 04/23/2023, I guess I never hit the post button. :rolleyes:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member