Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite supports DJI Phantom Vision Raw DNG

Discussion in 'Editing (Photo and Video)' started by HunterSK, Oct 23, 2014.

1. HunterSK

Hi,

Was doing some shooting today and was archiving my photos and video footage when I noticed now that the FC200 camera DNG files are now natively supported in Mac OSX Yosemite!

Everything just work: File quick preview, File opens in Preview, Apple Aperture. All the meta information is decoded and can be seen.

This is huge for me since previously before only Adobe Lightroom 5 could open up the DNG file, whereas I preferred using Aperture.

Did a search on Google and nobody has reported this unpegged benefit in the new Operating System, has anybody else found the same?

2. Big Bull

Re: Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite supports DJI Phantom Vision Raw

Thanks for the heads up. I just got a MacBook Pro this week with Aperture 4 and haven't updated to Yosemite yet. Also haven't updated FC200 yet, as I didn't want to use Lightroom for Raw conversion. Time for some updates!

3. HunterSK

Re: Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite supports DJI Phantom Vision Raw

Hi Big Bull,

Processed my photos from today and Aperture (latest ver is 3.6) with Yosemite; it definitely supports the DNG Raw file format.

I'm still having to use Lightroom 5 though as the lens correction capability is not available in Aperture. I tried Image Trends - Fisheye-Hemi Plug-In but that doesn't perform well with the FC200's camera. I think that plug in is designed for DSLR-sized sensors and so it affects the amount of correction required for a good result.