Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Low Battery Alarm not Sounding

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by srandall25, Aug 4, 2014.

1. srandall25

I've recreantly upgraded to the latest firmware 3.06 and latest version app. In the settings of the app, I've turned on the switch for 'Low Battery'... however, when my battery level reaches 30%, I hear no alarm sound or no blinking RED as I use to see prior to the upgrade. Is there another setting somewhere else I'm missing, or was this feature removed? Thanks.

2. cahutch

It's not 30% anymore. It's adjusted dynamically depending on flight time remaining, not battery percentage.
    There should be a red/yellow/green bar across the top of the screen. low battery is when it reaches the yellow portion of the bar.
    If you fly further away, these colored regions change to make sure you have enough battery remaining to get back to your home position.
    If you're flying close to home, the low battery region will be small since you don't need much to get back.

3. srandall25

Awesome, thanks! I had bits and pieces of that from my readings, but your explanation made it much more clear! Thank you!

4. Soulnet

The other issue is that your phone / tablet is on vibrate only or no volume on. The alarm comes from this device not the transmitter.