P3 Firmware LOST!

Hi Bill it says under my profile picture I am in the uk. I know what you mean bud same here we have had loads of rain of late and this is our summer time lol. You will get there in the end bud you will get all you need for your drone.

Hi Kinsey,
If you don’t mind ,I have two questions for you?? If you would prefer to answer off group, here is my personal addy: [email protected]

Is your first name Kevin and second, are you by chance flying the Phantom Advanced?

UK? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not very bright here! You think I would have remembered to check the time stamp on the message! Old age I suppose……………………………..<g>

Bill

Db1433
I'm from Philadelphia. I've just started flying also. Don't let the tablet search stop you from getting your p4. You can use your iPhone or android phone until you find the tablet you want. I have a p3s. I'm using a lg g pad f 8.0. Works great. Not the best but does the job. If you need more answers go to phantom help.com. Yes the weather has been great.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi Kevin,

Why the questions????????????????I have seen your videos on YouTube before I ever joined this group while going a Tube search for drone flights. For the name, I just put 2 + 2 together. If you don’t mind a comment from a “new guy” here? I must say you seem to have very good control; I only hope to do half as well!

I just found that somehow my mail got lost or confused???? Let me explain further. I have my account on group setup here to go over to my Gmail account when someone replies to something I ask and let me know that someone has responded to my question. Yesterday we went back and fourth a few times and I don’t think I missed any of your mail but this morning I found that you did message back at 4:15pm. I never saw that message until I checked back here this morning.

In addition to you, I also now found a message from another member that I never saw yesterday either. I found that there was also an additional message or comment from a member named DarkDayz. I just saw this one this today. I hope folks on group have patience with new people until they get the drift of things.

Bill

Db1433
I'm from Philadelphia. I've just started flying also. Don't let the tablet search stop you from getting your p4. You can use your iPhone or android phone until you find the tablet you want. I have a p3s. I'm using a lg g pad f 8.0. Works great. Not the best but does the job. If you need more answers go to phantom help.com. Yes the weather has been great.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Db1433

Hi DarkDayz

I’m a bit late returning your posting but as you may have read from “Kevin” on this group; my settings for return answer via my Gmail account are not 100% accurate. From here on out I’m going to have to get used to checking directly here and not email. I only hope that I have not hurt anyone else’s feelings by missing a post further if so, they will at least give me the benefit of the doubt.

It’s not so much the pad for the controller, it’s the shock of finding out that I needed one! I thought that the “controller” came with a monitoring screen already attached! What a novel idea! As you can see, I’m very new to drone flying. It’s just that I am in a hurry to get started but unfortunately not enough resources to moved forward yet. We have just completed some major renovations here at home so I have to put a refrain on any spending for a bit. My minds eye keeps looking at this beautiful flying weather and then it travels back to those Winter Snow storms we get.

Incidentally, I am also originally from Philly, Kensington section and went to Northeast Catholic High out on Erie and Torresdale avenues

Bill

Hi Kevin,

Why the questions????????????????I have seen your videos on YouTube before I ever joined this group while going a Tube search for drone flights. For the name, I just put 2 + 2 together. If you don’t mind a comment from a “new guy” here? I must say you seem to have very good control; I only hope to do half as well!

I just found that somehow my mail got lost or confused???? Let me explain further. I have my account on group setup here to go over to my Gmail account when someone replies to something I ask and let me know that someone has responded to my question. Yesterday we went back and fourth a few times and I don’t think I missed any of your mail but this morning I found that you did message back at 4:15pm. I never saw that message until I checked back here this morning.

In addition to you, I also now found a message from another member that I never saw yesterday either. I found that there was also an additional message or comment from a member named DarkDayz. I just saw this one this today. I hope folks on group have patience with new people until they get the drift of things.

Bill
Hi Bill sorry just came on here today bud as I have had bad news from some family so been dealing with that. Glad you seen the video's on my you tube I am still not all that good but getting there ;) it is software what did all that flight the one with the music I put together with it. I am the same mine is also linked to my Gmail.

Don't worry about the flying bill it will come to you and you will get better the more you do it just like anything.

I think I found you on facebook but not 100% sure it is you, do you or did you work in car sales ?.

Anyway Bill if I can help you with anything just let me know as I will help anyone I am that type of person take care bud all the best to you.
Kevin.

PS./ I may have to go away for a few days but I will be taking my tablet with me.

Hi Bill sorry just came on here today bud as I have had bad news from some family so been dealing with that. Glad you seen the video's on my you tube I am still not all that good but getting there ;) it is software what did all that flight the one with the music I put together with it. I am the same mine is also linked to my Gmail.

Don't worry about the flying bill it will come to you and you will get better the more you do it just like anything.

I think I found you on facebook but not 100% sure it is you, do you or did you work in car sales ?.

Anyway Bill if I can help you with anything just let me know as I will help anyone I am that type of person take care bud all the best to you.
Kevin.

PS./ I may have to go away for a few days but I will be taking my tablet with me.

Hi Kevin,

I sincerely hope the family issues are not too far out of sorts? As I continue my “research” on the drones by looking through this forum there is one question that is constantly nagging at the back of my mind that I have yet to find an answer too; maintenance? I cannot find anything about the maintenance on these aircraft. Here I am also including DJI, both instructional videos and the crafts operator’s manual.

Of course I understand that mechanically these craft are all basically powered by four electric motors but when they quit, how replaces them? There does not seem to be provision for actual maintenance procedures in the manual and I am just wondering. I might as well tell you right now that I am the type of person that, “If it can go wrong…………….it will happen to Bill”! <G> Or is it that only the manufactures themselves work on or remove and replace items as necessary.

Doing video and DVD editing has been a hobby for me for quite some time as I have been into computers since the old commodore 64 days. I also have a collection of older movies; James Cagney, Humphrey Bogart, Jimmy Stewart the ones I personally call the classics. I was wondering also about the USB drive on the drones. Are those mini SD cards able to go into readers on a desktop so that I can edit them from there and then burn to disk? I realize you might not have as much time as before, so I’ll sigh off for now and say “Back when you can”.

You asked about Facebook? Yes, wife and son, as well as myself are on it. And yes our son sells cars from FORD.

Best wishes,

Bill

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT