Lost P3a during litchi waypoint mission

Reaction score
Hello all I’m new to the forum but have some experience flying my P3a. About 9 hours flying time almost exclusively through litchi. My last flight with my P3a and iPad. ( most recent apps and firmware) was a 16 minute estimated straight shot flight at 25.3 mph with a round trip distance of 27,883 feet at 319feet altitude. Altitude was set using above ground level in litchi app. The flight only lasted 2 and a half minutes before losing signal. Unusual but happened before. So I let it go. It never came back. Please help me figure out why. I have been reading and searching for days with no luck. I don’t know why this happened. The first waypoint and final waypoint are both in my driveway about 40 feet apart. This was my first flight using LAND as the final action. Any ideas where this can be and how do I post links of the little data I have. https://app.airdata.com/csv?flight=1072086a0a9bbdd012060b0c0806d6d0

Any ideas where this can be and how do I post links of the little data I have.
Can you post a screenshot of your Litchi mission so we have an idea where it was progtrammed to go, heights etc?
And go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

I’m having trouble posting pictures from my iPhone 8 and I’m trying to figure out how to get the log from my tablet I have to get access to my pc I’m trying to find some time too . Thanks for the patients. Btw will the logs have any more info then the very little I can see from AIRDATA ?

I’m having trouble posting pictures from my iPhone 8 and I’m trying to figure out how to get the log from my tablet I have to get access to my pc I’m trying to find some time too . Thanks for the patients. Btw will the logs have any more info then the very little I can see from AIRDATA ?

The logs contain far more information. Airdata does a good job of processing the logs to provide a simple list of notifications, power information, and windspeed calculations etc., but most of the raw data that is useful for flight forensics is missing. The original txt log (csv in the case of Litchi) is far more comprehensive, the mobile device DAT file is significantly better still, and the aircraft DAT file has the most information.

Still need to see the logs but I have 2 questions:

1. Was your flight set to curved paths or straight lines? I ask because if set to straight lines, it will stop at each waypoint. The added time due to the flight stopping movement and restarting movement is NOT calculated into the estimated flight time

2. How were the winds? If there were significant winds, this is also not calculated into the estimated flight time.

If either of those was a factor, you may have just “run out of gas”. The best logs to determine that would be the logs on the P3A itself if you find it. A view of the actual mission would be greatly helpful as well.

The link in post #3 has instructions.

This mission was defiantly pushing the limits and should not have attempted it at all . But I did. Wind speeds during flight at altitude shows a 18.7 mph NE WIND. And flight set to curved path.

IMG_0851.jpg
IMG_0852.jpg
IMG_0853.jpg
IMG_0854.jpg

The good news is that your basically flying over a green area 90% of that flight so no one would nick it. But it could be in a tree. Straight away I can see the problem with out the log. The wind was 18MPH you say? Usually it's recommended to not fly over 15MPH as the drone struggles to come back. Plus the height you was, most likely the wind was a stronger... Looking at around 30 MPH. also the timing of the mission.... I done a 14 min mission and the battery came back at 20%, so I am guessing yours went into automatic landing at 10% (but it should be near the home point) also when you uploaded the mission, was that before the props started spinning or was it in mid air? This makes a big difference as I done a test and when I hovered the drone, by the time the mission loaded it ate 6% of my battery. In the worse case scenario it may have had compass error causing a fly away. But I highly doubt that. I personally think the strong wind and long mission time basically killed the battery and forced it into an emergency landing. But as mentioned above.... We really need the tx log/CSV/ dat file before we can see what actually happened. At this point it's all guessing

Thanks guys work has been crazy I haven’t had access to my pc yet I’m trying tonight when I get home. But I took off hovered around 20 feet to make sure everything was working fine and connected. I also think the wind took it. I have searched several areas further out thinking it only made it back halfway. I’ve been reading and trying to figure out how much distance I will cover with the drone cruising at 25mph against that 18+ mph wind

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka