Lost My P4P during Ground station Mission

Reaction score
Hi Mates . Today i Lost my birdie( I have about 2 year experience of flying phantom so i had different situations with signal loss and so on... But every time it came back. Today was my first attempt of using Ground Station Pro. I decided to make an area map (Gorky Park of Moscow)
But at the begining of the mission> during its flight to the starting point the signal was lost (the grey arrow is the latest place of the signal)
So ive waited about 20 minutes for the phantom to come back because the end mission action was to RTH. But there was still no signal. And now its gone(( . I have walked through all the area near the grey arrow and found nothing.
Maybe you have any ideas were it could fly or what could go wrong ?
IMAGE 2017-11-08 21:13:29.jpg

Maybe you have any ideas were it could fly or what could go wrong ?
There's not much information to go on.
It's not unusual to lose signal in an urban environment.
If GSP produces .txt file of the flight data the way that DJI Go does, that would be very helpful.
Without data, we have to do a lot of guessing so any information to fill some blanks is helpful.

Was the battery fully charged at the start of the flight?
Where was your home point and how far away was the Phantom when last recorded?
What I notice is that your Phantom was 222 metres high and presumably that is high enough to clear any obstacles.
Wind is one of the usual suspects that could be a factor.
What was the wind speed and direction that day?
At 222 metres wind speed would have been quite a bit more than at ground level.

The birdie was found. (red dot (homepoint) blue dot were it was found today (at the rooftop of the building) (25 мeters high) so i think it crashed into a tall building and then fall on the small building rooftop. this is how it looks like. "Long day" it took to find it . I took it back from the workers that maintained the roof. After a call from the stranger who saw my advertisement paper in the area (who told me that he saw it yesterday on the rooftop). So the security guys told me how to find the workers and the workers gave it back. Now i want to understand what happened because the battery is almost full. and the place it was found wasn't far away from the loosing point.(grey arrow) so it didn't drift
much . Looks like it switched off.

The only thing that is missing is the sd card . I got the logs from the onboard memory. they are (.dat) files how do i read them ? (DJI assistant doesnt help)
IMAGE 2017-11-08 21:13:29.jpg
IMAGE 2017-11-09 19:04:57.jpg

So I tried each of those, and they all show the drone never leaving the ground, so I do not think those are the correct files?

So I tried each of those, and they all show the drone never leaving the ground, so I do not think those are the correct files?
it seems that Ground Station doesnt produce any informative data... This makes this application really terrible. I will try it once again at a safe spot and on a small mission(after repairing my quad) and report here about the result.

The DAT file is on the craft itself, and so it doesn't matter what application you're using to control the craft.

Please be more specific. What do mean by they are empty? You could try using CsvView which can be found here.
Maybe they are not empty but still i cant read them with csvView. By saying empty i mean that there is only info about being on a ground

Reactions: Fran06
The files aren't empty. I can read them fine. But none of them are flights. The drone never leaves the ground in any of them. Even though it's powered on for several minutes.

Not sure how that matters. I don't think software is the issue here.

So you have 2 years of experience and the first time (your words state)
"Today was my first attempt of using Ground Station Pro"

and you think it's NOT software related? Sounds like either software or Pilot Error...

So you have 2 years of experience and the first time (your words state)
"Today was my first attempt of using Ground Station Pro"

and you think it's NOT software related? Sounds like either software or Pilot Error...
Wait what? Did you quote the wrong person? I'm not the OP... And I agree it's likely pilot error.

Negative. You said you didn't think it was software error so I pointed out the first time you used the SW you had a crash. It was most likely SW issue or pilot error. Hard to tell without detailed flight logs but I just don't see how you could rule out a software issue.

Either way glad you got your AC back.

Negative. You said you didn't think it was software error so I pointed out the first time you used the SW you had a crash. It was most likely SW issue or pilot error. Hard to tell without detailed flight logs but I just don't see how you could rule out a software issue.

Either way glad you got your AC back.
You are confusing me with the person who created this thread. I've never used ground station, nor am I in Russia... I am in this thread trying to help the OP (original poster) figure out what happened to his drone.

And I doubt its software because software is rarely ever the cause in incidents like this. Most are usually hardware or pilot error.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT