Loose components after crash

Reaction score
Help required!

After an unfortunate encounter with a branch my P3S smashed into the ground, about 6 meters lower.

Apart from apparent body damage (total loss) some components on the main board are bent and loose.

What should I do?
IMAG0834.jpg
IMAG0837.jpg

Buy a phantom 3 Advanced using a student discount you can get it shipped for $717 DJI Educational Discount | DJI Store . Sorry for your loss, it looks like it is totaled. I wouldn't use the battery either if you do buy the advanced. You might be able to sell the crashed parts as a bundle on ebay, i have seen a few of those. You for sure can sell your controller.

The Phantom will be going out for a repair assessment. After that I'll get a quote, based upon which I can decide what to do next. The P3A seems awesome, yet first I have to investigate my options..

Untill that time: enjoy the last moments of the P3S. Just flying around town in mediocre wheather, when suddenly..

Click here to hug that tree!

Well, after quite a while I managed to get an update on the repair quote. Tuned out that the shop where I bought the P3S (and where I returned it for repairs) messed up their system, causing the delay.

Anyhow, a grand total of €515 (including VAT) is the cost of this tree-hugging accident. This is why I decided to get a new P3S instead. With the educational discount the total difference was around 20€. No brainer. (Just got the new bird today. ****, was great flying after such a long time :) )

My broken P3S is being returned, as I wanted to keep it for parts (gimbal, spare controller etc.).
Especially the spare battery is a big plus. BUT:

Will it be okay to use the battery that was in the drone at the time of the crash? DJI did not put it on the repair quote as ''to be replaced.''

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 20150609202816_001.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 269
Do you see some external damages on the battery? Does the LEDS gets on when you push the button? I would try to start the new phantom 3 s with that battery and check the voltage and battery life. DJI Go will tell you if there is an damage to any of the batterycells.

If the battery doesn't appear damaged, I would just use it.

Oh! And can't view your video, you set it to private viewing only.

I sympathize with you on your loss but congrats on the new drone!

If the battery doesn't appear damaged, I would just use it.

Oh! And can't view your video, you set it to private viewing only.

I sympathize with you on your loss but congrats on the new drone!
Ah, I see.

Must have changed that accidentally.

You should now be able to see the drone crashing into an overhead branch

Bummer...

Reactions: cas_per_m
Well, combination of factors.

Noticed the small tree/branch at the right hand side of the road, yet I wanted to fly off to the right into the field. Wind gust lifted the drone a bit, whilst I tried to avoid the small tree.

Perfectly dodged that tree, yet I did not notice the overhead branch. This was amplified by the wind gust, as it lifted the drone. Kaboom, damage done

Reactions: Squirrel!
Well, combination of factors.

Noticed the small tree/branch at the right hand side of the road, yet I wanted to fly off to the right into the field. Wind gust lifted the drone a bit, whilst I tried to avoid the small tree.

Perfectly dodged that tree, yet I did not notice the overhead branch. This was amplified by the wind gust, as it lifted the drone. Kaboom, damage done

I`m sorry to hear that. After stories like this I want to be more and more careful while flying.
Are you planning to keep the broken one for spare parts? Or maybe you could sell some parts?
I`m looking for RC`s 5.8G antenna with cable. I accidentally dropped my RC on the ground and broke 5.8G antenna, moreover it cut the cable in to two pieces.
Let me know you are interested in selling it.

I`m sorry to hear that. After stories like this I want to be more and more careful while flying.
Are you planning to keep the broken one for spare parts? Or maybe you could sell some parts?
I`m looking for RC`s 5.8G antenna with cable. I accidentally dropped my RC on the ground and broke 5.8G antenna, moreover it cut the cable in to two pieces.
Let me know you are interested in selling it.
Well, I have indeed been thinking about selling some parts.

However, I do want to do the Inspire tablet holder mod first. If I accidentally cut a wire in that process I at least have a spare remote. I might decide to sell the other remote in case the mod works out well. In that case I'll let you know! :)

Did you repair by yourself or someone else did the work?

Nice!

Just a final update.

The broken P3S has been stripped for parts, while the controller has been modded to an Inspire-holder one.

And to top it off: time flies when you're having fun flying!

IMAG0998.jpg
IMAG0997.jpg
IMAG0999.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT