Looking to upgrade props on Phantom 1.1.1 to vision props...

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 1 and added T-motors to it for longer flight time. I am guessing I should also upgrade the props. Do the Phantom Vison props just just screw right on? Do I need to modify them to put them on?

http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-Repla ... tom+vision

Or am I going totally the wrong way with these props and should consider something else? I have a fairly heavy phantom and flight times are in the 3-4 minute range currently.

I know this info is posted somewhere on this forum but I could not find an exact answer to an easy prop exchange.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Looking to upgrade props on Phantom 1.1.1 to vision prop

First, the link you have at Amazon is showing an image of Phantom props, not Vision Props.

Now, if you have the t-motors that are threaded CW and CCW, you can use the real Vision props, or the clones on ebay.

If your t-motors are all CW threaded, you can use the clones on ebay that do not have integrated prop nuts.

Most folks that have tested, feel that their heavy Phantoms benefit by using Vision props.

Idahomojo said:
I have a Phantom 1 and added T-motors to it for longer flight time. I am guessing I should also upgrade the props. Do the Phantom Vison props just just screw right on? Do I need to modify them to put them on?

http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-Repla ... tom+vision

Or am I going totally the wrong way with these props and should consider something else? I have a fairly heavy phantom and flight times are in the 3-4 minute range currently.

I know this info is posted somewhere on this forum but I could not find an exact answer to an easy prop exchange.

Thanks in advance.

I saw that item on Amazon yesterday and went ahead and ordered. Even though the pic shows the original self-tightening props and not the later Vision style, I'm guessing the listing's title is correct...and if it's not, I know Amazon will take them back with no hassle.

I've also ordered a number of things from Amazon that were fulfilled by All e RC (like that item listing linked above), including my Phantom. Their service has always been great, and I doubt they'd have Amazon list one thing and deliver another.

They should arrive tomorrow or Thursday, I'll confirm they're the right ones when they get here.

I just recieved mine that original factory vision props and they fit my 2214 tmotors cw ccw but found out that of course I installed the motors exactly backwards so that when the prop screws on then it is backwards to the rotation it should be doing. I guess will remove the t motors and move them so it is correct. I wanted to fly them right away but alas I will be soldering again.

just clicked in my feeble little mind that all I have to is switch the wires on the motors to reverse them.

Idahomojo,

"I have a Phantom 1 and added T-motors to it for longer flight time."

Can you share with us your impression of that process. Were both CW and CCW threading motors available? Was the re-wiring difficult? And finally....how much increase in flight time do you notice...for the same props. Finally, how seriously is your bird loaded?

There has been some suggestion that the T-motors efficiency improves even more from the 10% listed under loads and with bigger props (from the OEM 8" V1 props).

Peter Patricelli said:
Can you share with us your impression of that process. Were both CW and CCW threading motors available? Was the re-wiring difficult? And finally....how much increase in flight time do you notice...for the same props. Finally, how seriously is your bird loaded?

There has been some suggestion that the T-motors efficiency improves even more from the 10% listed under loads and with bigger props (from the OEM 8" V1 props).

Hi Peter. I am curious as to whether there is any added flight time associated with the t-motors. I have read others say that the added weight negated the added efficiency, so there was no added air time. However, the motor can handle more weight for a longer service life than the dji stock motors.

I recieved my props and had to move my motors cause I had them in the wrong spots. I was very very impressed with the 9 in vision props, got 9.5 minutes with go pro,gimbal and flytrex where I was getting around 7 mins. It handled better and was faster. I have 2014 t motors and they screwed right on. I am going to take the prop guards off because the extend past it so wont help much to protect props and might give me a minute more or so. I was flying 3 blade 9045 props and they did well but nothing like these.

OI Photography said:
I saw that item on Amazon yesterday and went ahead and ordered. Even though the pic shows the original self-tightening props and not the later Vision style, I'm guessing the listing's title is correct...and if it's not, I know Amazon will take them back with no hassle.

I've also ordered a number of things from Amazon that were fulfilled by All e RC (like that item listing linked above), including my Phantom. Their service has always been great, and I doubt they'd have Amazon list one thing and deliver another.

They should arrive tomorrow or Thursday, I'll confirm they're the right ones when they get here.

These props arrived today (http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phantom-Repla ... tom+vision), and they are indeed the official new Vision props from DJI, despite the wrong version in the picture. However, I can only speak for the vendor that fulfilled this order.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl