Looking for feedback on P4P camera

Reaction score
Hello, All:

Been flying for a couple of years now (P3P and now P4P), but never learned much about the cameras. Where I'm looking for feedback is as follows: I just moved to Colorado Springs (from California) and my temporary house is almost at the foot of Pikes Peak. I mean I go my back door, look up, and it's right there! Launch my P4P to get a couple of stills, and those stills make the Peak look like it's 3 or 4 miles further than it really is.

What gives? (P4P camera settings are mostly just "auto", with TrueColor, jpeg + raw setting).

Thanks, in advance.

That is normal and expected behaviour for a 24mm (35mm equivalent lens). A 50mm lens would make it appear to be similar to your unaided vision (similar field of view), at 24mm you are fitting a lot more in the frame so you should expect it to be smaller.

Launch my P4P to get a couple of stills, and those stills make the Peak look like it's 3 or 4 miles further than it really is.
What gives? (P4P camera settings are mostly just "auto", with TrueColor, jpeg + raw setting).
That's the nature of wide angle lenses.
They make objects look further away because they have a wider field of view than your eyes do.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl