Looking for a motherboard!

Reaction score
Looking for a motherboard.

Bought a used p3a that would work fine other then it was taking forever to warm up.

Small crash, replaced the props, and kept going.
Updated the firmware, and went to calibrate the imu, and it hasn't worked since.

Looks like the temperature sensor is bad, so I sent it into dji. Now they're saying it needs a new motherboard because of the crash, at an ungodly price!

So I'm trying to see if I can find one, instead of paying them for it. Figures it's just my luck.

P3 Advanced.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

that is correct. the main difference between old style motors (920kV) and new (800kV) is power.
in the release of first version of P3 birds there were problems with stress cracked arms because DJI decided in their mighty
wisdom to make the shell out of thinner plastic. well then they went down on the motors (new style 800kV) instead of
addressing what the real issue is - plastic. well then they released new shells, the ones with reinforced arms which my
P3 already have :) but with old style motors so 920kV

So the older motors are actually more powerful?

Just having a hard pill to swallow, being that I literally had my p3 for only about a week before having to do all this!

That's what I get for trying to save a buck by buying used! Well that and try not to crash em aha

Hhmm
Very much considering taking you up on this. Is that as cheap as you'll go on that?

yes,
they go for $400 all day long on ebay. i just don't want to deal with fees hence the $350 price range.
and think about it, brand new main board for P3A/P is $349, shell $59, motors, OFMD and VPM another $300.
those are parts retail prices of course.

Hi Hunch, mate im in Aust. what would be the total for this posted to Aust 4306 cheers Jeff

hey Jeff,
shipping this to the land down under would be $100
so if you can add that i will be happy to send it your way.

Hi Hunch, what firmware is on it and it all performs the way its supposed to? Would you take 600 AUD for it shipped?

How can you tell what motors you have? Also is there a shorter battery life due 920kV motors? I bought my P3A in late December straight from DJI so I likely have newer parts. My controller is a B one though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94