looking for a mentor that can walk me through updates pretty please

Reaction score
my name is bill....i have a p3 and have purchased a p4p plus....i have a beeping problem and i need to update whatever needs to update....

i have the p4 and controller and cable with me...so either a phone call or someone that can help me via some other method i would more than appreciate it...

please help an old man ....

On this page , in the video section, 2 rows up from the bottom you will see a video on how to upgrade the P4P+ and the P4P, just follow the instructions, The aircraft and the controller will actually tell you when you need to upgrade the firmware, so you don't need to upgrade unless prompted.

DJI Phantom 4 Pro – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads

The beeping possibly accompanied with a flashing red light on the controller means that you aircraft and your controller are not connected properly. If you do the firmware upgrade and this is still the case you may need to re-link the controller and the aircraft , the video to do this is also available, it is 3 rows up from the bottom of the video section.

Good luck with that, come back if you have any issues

Last edited:
A beeping controller also occurs when the controller needs calibrated. That's where I would start before upgrading firmware. It's a simple process that's in the GO4 app under the RC icon menu, I think.

thank you can you help with another question please?

Can I connect a computer to controller and have duel monitors...or do I have to buy a monitor only?

thank you can you help with another question please?

Can I connect a computer to controller and have duel monitors...or do I have to buy a monitor only?
So did you solve your beeping RC problem? If yes, what did you do to fix it?

No, you cannot connect a computer (such as laptop) to get a second screen for FPV view. However, you should be able to connect your RC HDMI port via cable to a computer monitor (no computer needed) with an HDMI input.

The best usage of the HDMI port is to connect set of goggles, such as the Headplay or Eachine Goggle2. This lets you utilize that HDMI port in the field while flying.

Yes thanks ...it is hard to explain how it was fixed as I really think the update takes longer than expected....once I got a 16gb sc card and connected to wifi...magic it took 15 minutes to update....the beeping as I figured out was from not being connected.

Connecting a monitor needs electricity ..looking for a a good monitor for the daytime...the director wants to see while I am filming
Also I have a p4p plus so I was told no goggles...or headset...am I wrong?
cleardot.gif

Any suggestions
Thanks again

Also I have a p4p plus so I was told no goggles...or headset...am I wrong?
cleardot.gif

Thanks again
The P4P+ RC has an HDMI output port. That should easily connect to goggles that include an HDMI input. In the Go4 app you likely have to enable dual view.

As for an outdoor monitor, there are many choices for bright monitors with HDMI input. Check these from B&H

For a director to watch what your doing, a set of goggles is much more immersive, but often with older people their eyes cannot handle the close up focus. I have to use special reader glasses to use my googles.

So did you solve your beeping RC problem? If yes, what did you do to fix it?

No, you cannot connect a computer (such as laptop) to get a second screen for FPV view. However, you should be able to connect your RC HDMI port via cable to a computer monitor (no computer needed) with an HDMI input.

The best usage of the HDMI port is to connect set of goggles, such as the Headplay or Eachine Goggle2. This lets you utilize that HDMI port in the field while flying.
How about using the djii goggles.? Your thoughts

How about using the djii goggles.? Your thoughts
I bought them and sold them. I didn't like them because they were heavy and gave me a neck ache. With P4P+ you have to connect via HDMI, and with my P4 via HDMI they didn't work as well as Headplay and Eachine goggles IMO, which I have. The clarity just wasn't good. The quality of the DJI goggle build is excellent, but they have no diopter adjustment. Reading glasses work good with the DJI goggle, but you must use a special prescription for the up close focus, if your eyes aren't good. The DJI google worked best with my Mavic when linked via wireless, with good clarity, and no HDMI cable needed! The problem is I use my Mavic for backpacking, or mountain biking. I can't take the DJI goggle along because they are huge. I just couldn't find a good use case for me to justify the high price, but the weight is a literal pain in my neck. The DJI "left to right" overlap optic design is very esoteric, which I cannot describe, that's why they are so expensive. They need to simplify them, provide diopter adjustment, and fabricate out of super light materials with a battery that will last about 60min. Headplay and Eachine Goggle2 comes the closest to perfect, but not quite, almost.

Last edited:
I bought them and sold them. I didn't like them because they were heavy and gave me a neck ache. With P4P+ you have to connect via HDMI, and with my P4 via HDMI they didn't work as well as Headplay and Eachine goggles IMO, which I have. The clarity just wasn't good. The quality of the DJI goggle build is excellent, but they have no diopter adjustment. Reading glasses work good with the DJI goggle, but you must use a special prescription for the up close focus, if your eyes aren't good. The DJI google worked best with my Mavic when linked via wireless, with good clarity, and no HDMI cable needed! The problem is I use my Mavic for backpacking, or mountain biking. I can't take the DJI goggle along because they are huge. I just couldn't find a good use case for me to justify the high price, but the weight is a literal pain in my neck. The DJI "left to right" overlap optic design is very esoteric, which I cannot describe, that's why they are so expensive. They need to simplify them, provide diopter adjustment, and fabricate out of super light materials with a battery that will last about 60min. Headplay and Eachine Goggle2 comes the closest to perfect, but not quite, almost.

After reviewing both the headplay is gov with dvr will be my choice...no doubt it will make me sick but the director said to pick it as he won't get sick...we,'ll see....thanks again for help

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT