Look-down shroud?

bjp

Reaction score
I have a P3 and FPV is pretty cool...when I can see the screen. Even after putting on a homemade shroud, it's still really hard to see the screen. I feel like it should work really well to make a chest mount for my tablet/phone that faces it straight up, then put a shroud all the way around the tablet/phone with just an eye slot at the top. That way, I can look down into the shroud and almost completely seal off any light from getting in -- that should eliminate almost all the glare. But I can also be quickly heads-up for keeping visual line of sight.

I feel like this should already exist, and indeed I think I remember seeing something like it on an Adam & Jamie (Mythbusters) video but I can't remember where for sure. Has anyone done this? Are there any commercial versions available? If so, what is the idea and/or specific model named (so I can effectively search for it)?

Thanks!

I unfortunately never found anything like this, and I think the thing I was thinking of from Adam Savage was a fancy camera viewfinder mounted on his chest. Instead, I've been putting a towel over my head and the controller to eliminate glare and that seems to work pretty well. It would be nicer to have a smaller look-up time for all angles, but the towel is good enough for me for now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl