Long Yellow blinking lights- GPS Problem? Area?

Reaction score
We've always had problems with GPS in our house and I just received mine within a few hours. I do the Compass Calibration and I just can't get through the second part. It ends up being long yellow lights blinking. I am thinking it's a signal?

JoeJITSU said:
We've always had problems with GPS in our house and I just received mine within a few hours. I do the Compass Calibration and I just can't get through the second part. It ends up being long yellow lights blinking. I am thinking it's a signal?

It's a lot to take in, but take the time to read the manuals carefully.

-the Compass dance has nothing to do with GPS signal

-the yellow flashing you're seeing means the Phantom is in Failsafe mode, which most likely is occurring because you've started your Phantom without turning on the Transmitter (Tx).

Gizmo3000 said:
JoeJITSU said:

-the yellow flashing you're seeing means the Phantom is in Failsafe mode, which most likely is occurring because you've started your Phantom without turning on the Transmitter (Tx).
Well, I'm not thinking its the Remote Control because I did manage to start the motors up.
When I toggle the right switch 6x, I get the solid Yellow. I turn the Phantom2 360 degrees and it then turns green, I then point the front to the ground and then spin it 360 degrees. I then get a Long Yellow blink. I saw on another forum that a lot of the newer Phantom 2's are also having this same thing happening to them.
I have not took it out for a test flight yet but I plan to send it back to DJI on Monday if it doesn't get solved then. Thank you and I look forward to offering some help as well in the future. Thank you guys

Try to do an Advanced IMU Calibration in the NAZA Assistant to see if it corrects the problem or throws an error code.

Gizmo3000 said:
JoeJITSU said:

Surely slow yellow just means a successful calibration and ready to fly with no GPS, which is not very surprising if this is being done indoors. Fast yellow would be failsafe.

Dalite said:
Try to do an Advanced IMU Calibration in the NAZA Assistant to see if it corrects the problem or throws an error code.

That's what I'm thinking. Gonna try at the park in a few hours.
Should I download NAZA?
I downloaded the Phantom assistant but not the NAZA, from what the site explains, NAZA is only for advanced flyers only, should I download it anyways ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl