Long range flight over sea. Almost sinking.

GhostMaster said:
Great flying skills man, you controlled everything, it was very smart from you to let the phantom descend and have a extra speed.
Did you used the stock TX? What video transmitter?

Yes I use stock Tx and no signal lost as you can see. For VTx I use a Boscam 400mW with Boscam "Cloud Spirit" anntena. It works pretty well.

Alberto

CaptMike said:
Watching the Video in the first couple minutes I saw a "0.00" for a second (I'm sure). I also agree it was amazing it stayed at 11% so long and I bet there's one cell that's weak. I'd clean the contacts and run it again (over ground low) to see what it does.

You are right. At 1:19 you can see V jumping down for a second while percentage remains at 90%. I think it is almost impossible to see that while flying, unless you were paying close attetion to it in just that moment.

I have been flying that battery again but just over land :)

Alberto

Guondersub said:
GhostMaster said:
Great flying skills man, you controlled everything, it was very smart from you to let the phantom descend and have a extra speed.
Did you used the stock TX? What video transmitter?

Yes I use stock Tx and no signal lost as you can see. For VTx I use a Boscam 400mW with Boscam "Cloud Spirit" anntena. It works pretty well.

Alberto
Wow stock TX at 3850m that was the first time i saw it. Any mod made to the TX?
Boscam TS353? Great range. Congrats.

scubari said:
Wow..scary stuff ;)
Btw. I notice that you went out quite high, a bit over 100m. Calm day ? Weird that battery stay at 11% so long on the way back ??

In open sea it was not that calm. In fact it was a significant cross-wind from aprox. 060º, as you can see in the art. horizon or the roll indicator, what I would say, was the worst expected scenario. What I prefer most is either calm or head wind in the out leg.

Alberto

Re: Vs: Long range flight over sea. Almost sinking.

Guondersub said:
scubari said:
Wow..scary stuff ;)
Btw. I notice that you went out quite high, a bit over 100m. Calm day ? Weird that battery stay at 11% so long on the way back ??

In open sea it was not that calm. In fact it was a significant cross-wind from aprox. 060º, as you can see in the art. horizon or the roll indicator, what I would say, was the worst expected scenario. What I prefer most is either calm or head wind in the out leg.

Alberto
Glad that you got it down to the dry land !. I fly ower the water all the time.. ;)

Guondersub said:
scubari said:
Wow..scary stuff ;)

Alberto
Glad that you got it down to the dry land !. I fly ower the water all the time.. ;)

scubari said:
Guondersub said:
scubari said:
Wow..scary stuff ;)

Alberto

I think that at the end I was really lucky ;)

Alberto

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl