Long Distance Flight Perspective

Reaction score
Never will I ever claim to be smarter than anyone on this forum, and just more than curious about your thoughts. I can see why the long distance flights are exciting, but never pushed the limit - pure hobbyist here. I see videos on YouTube titled, World Record Flight, Longest Flight Ever, and so on and so forth. But as I read the notes, it seems like all of them have battery mods, but don't volunteer that until someone asks.

To me it seems this isn't a true record and indicative of what their real flight was. To me, that is like saying my car will go further than any car before it runs out, and have a 55-gallon drum in the backseat to keep filling up the tank. Does anyone else have thoughts about how some of these videos on YouTube sort of "mislead" and self promote their channel?

Thanks, and only curious about the more experienced pilots perspective.

It's exactly that...They're just trying to promote and get views. How many videos have you clicked on because of the thumbnail only to never see what was in the thumbnail? Always a hot chick or something in the thumbnail lol.

Never will I ever claim to be smarter than anyone on this forum, and just more than curious about your thoughts. I can see why the long distance flights are exciting, but never pushed the limit - pure hobbyist here. I see videos on YouTube titled, World Record Flight, Longest Flight Ever, and so on and so forth. But as I read the notes, it seems like all of them have battery mods, but don't volunteer that until someone asks.

To me it seems this isn't a true record and indicative of what their real flight was. To me, that is like saying my car will go further than any car before it runs out, and have a 55-gallon drum in the backseat to keep filling up the tank. Does anyone else have thoughts about how some of these videos on YouTube sort of "mislead" and self promote their channel?

well then it wouldnt be interesting to see if everything was stock. Since most P3s of the same generation have the same limits - who cares if a dude went 100m further than me? Slap a battery mod (or not - makes it more exciting) and a TX range mod on it and Im watching.

It's exactly that...They're just trying to promote and get views. How many videos have you clicked on because of the thumbnail only to never see what was in the thumbnail? Always a hot chick or something in the thumbnail lol.
I agree and thanks

well then it wouldnt be interesting to see if everything was stock. Since most P3s of the same generation have the same limits - who cares if a dude went 100m further than me? Slap a battery mod (or not - makes it more exciting) and a TX range mod on it and Im watching.
Personally, I watch for the different locations. I enjoy the flights around lakes as much as the desert duration flights. They are all interesting to me, but it doesn't excite me to see someone go 100m further than I do. Just curious, and thank you for the response.

No one questions about how far you take your car as gas is easily available and you can fill your tanks on the way to go further. What about battery operated cars? Yes people talk about total miles per charge for different models.

Flying aircraft has different ball game. You got to return back for recharge, you can't replace batteries on the way and proceed further. That's the reason people claim how far they have flown and returned back safely. People will stop talking about it if we have on-the-fly recharge facilities. Wishful thinking, huh.

Reactions: dirtybum
No one questions about how far you take your car as gas is easily available and you can fill your tanks on the way to go further. What about battery operated cars? Yes people talk about total miles per charge for different models.

Flying aircraft has different ball game. You got to return back for recharge, you can't replace batteries on the way and proceed further. That's the reason people claim how far they have flown and returned back safely. People will stop talking about it if we have on-the-fly recharge facilities. Wishful thinking, huh.
I agree, and maybe they will have an Amazon solar panel to recharge as they fly. Now, that would be funny. Thanks for the reply, and as I said, smarter people than I are on here. Have a good day Sir, and smooth sailing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl