Logging in to DJI GO App before flight is not possible without wifi?

Reaction score
Hi all,

So last night I flew the Phantom 4 Pro for the first time in about 6 weeks. I'd updated the firmware about a month ago and realised there was something to do with flight restriction included within that update.

So...last night I experienced these flight restrictions. The maximum I could fly was:

30 m height and 50 m distance

I have read that you need to be logged in to the DJI GO 4 app during flight in order to "unlock" the limitations, but as far as I can tell it won't let you connect/log-in without wifi. How the hell is this possible if you're in the middle of nowhere with no means of connecting to the internet!?!

So now that I've logged back in at home, I can now use it as normal?

And just to be clear: I will not have to do this ever again?

Thank you for your help.

The wording I've seen with regards to this update is very confusing. It makes it sound as though you have to log in every time you start up the drone/RC (which would make flying it most places impossible)

The word "login" is misleading as what is actually happening is that the installed version of DJI Go is being verified and validated by DJI. So there is not the normal login and logout occurring as with other apps.

When you update DJI Go or reinstall it becomes it has become corrupted, then you will need to be connected to the DJI web server to re-authenticate the software on the controller. You need either a 4G or a WiFi connection. My efforts failed with either 3G or 1xRTT so best bet is to go where you can connect through a WiFi router that has a good connection to the internet. Of course if you are in a rural area or outside the USA you may be simply screwed with this process as engineered by the people at DJI. Same problem occurs to users of the Adobe "Cloud" (web server) applications.

This video explains this change in more detail:

I did a calibration of P4 controller and had to drive 60 miles to get WiFi to get app up. Any work around?

I did a calibration of P4 controller and had to drive 60 miles to get WiFi to get app up. Any work around?
Are you saying the remote controller calibration caused a problem? Why exactly did you have to drive back to a location with Wi-Fi access?

I unboxed my Pro+ at home and got everything operational and flew the batteries out. I then charged all the batteries and went out to the ranch. When I set up there and turned things on a screen came up asking me to log in. When I tried to log in it said no internet connection.
So I had to drive to a location with cell coverage, log in, and then went back and everything worked fine. I will have to say the instructions leave a lot to be desired for first time users. And I work with RTK GPS for a living. I have not worked with Android based UI’s much, so perhaps that is part of the problem but the only pages I could access were log in and settings.

DJI GO normally doesn't log you out unless you either manually log out or you update the remote controller firmware. Next time, maybe power on the remote controller and ensure DJI GO still has you logged in before heading out to a location that has no Internet access.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94