Locators like Marco Polo

Reaction score
As I close in on my first drone purchase I'm considering a Marco Polo locator.

Do you experienced pilots consider locators a "must have"?
Is Marco Polo the best unit or are there others?

Do you experienced pilots consider locators a "must have"?
It's like any type of insurance. It's only useful when you really need it.

In many cases, the TXT flight log (stored on your mobile device) can be used to track down a lost Phantom. That process often involves a lot of guesswork though. The benefit of using a tracker is that it's able to tell you exactly where your lost Phantom is located.

Is Marco Polo the best unit or are there others?
The Marco Polo is a good tracker if you're flying in areas that have spotty cell coverage. It's also a good option if you want the smallest available tracker and/or a tracker that has no monthly/yearly fee.

You can find some other commonly used trackers here.

As MS said, the txt file is very helpful in find your quad if you don't have a tracker, but with the txt file and the tracker, it makes it that much easier to find the quad if it is, for instance, in a tree or hiding in tall grass.
The more "tools" you have, the better!
I had a Trakimo and it was good, but at $5 per month, and the necessity for cell service, it has it's limitations.
I did not renew my Trakimo service (at $60), and instead bought a MarcoPolo since one time purchase and it is good forever.
Only limitation is the range, but like we said, you have the TXT file that can get you close, then use the MP if you can't find it with only the TXT file.

Just do it BEFORE you need it!

Another thought about the Trakimo....
I noticed the location would bounce around sometimes, so it could lead you on a wild goose chase...
Still a very good tracker.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan