Location location location

Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of questions and comments from people who don't identify their location. I'm guessing the default response has to be the US, but that's almost rude to the rest of us. This is particularly pertinent when asking what's allowed and what's not. Where I'm from, we're not subject to the ban or restrictions that are in place in the US, and I gather that's true of several other countries participating here. If I came here and started asking questions that apply to my situation, yet didn't identify my location, I'm betting I'd get some unkind responses.

It's not intentional. I am pretty sure that PhBB, which this forum runs on, allows the admin to make a user's location visible in the public profile.

Yes, location should be required.

Notice that those who ask 'where can I get a spare xxx for my Phantom?' are usually the ones who haven't given their location?

Yes, I agree that location is important.

Many UK folks in here post stuff about new CAA regulations and I just couldn't care less about it, since I live in the U.S. --- just as I'm sure the UK folks don't really care about hearing about the latest FAA regulations.

This forum also needs to seriously take my suggestion about renaming this site "DJI Multirotor Pilots.com" --- because within a few years we're all going to be flying Inspire One's, Inspire Two's, and whatever new model that makes us forget all about the clunky Phantom. By 2017, if you admit you still fly a Phantom --- it's gonna be like you admit you still use an Apple Newton or Palm Pilot for your mobile data needs. People are going to look down on you and mock you for being an old-school weirdo. :p

Great idea.

I agree with location mandatory. Even if just country at the least. In the USA it is nice to know what state people live in.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl