Little Planets!

Sorry ... I wouldn't know a mac if I tripped over it.
But Google is pretty good for finding stuff like that.
Thanks bud. Should just close the forums down and redirect everyone to Google.com. I'm sure they can find all of their answers there :confused:

Got a noob question. After creating the little planet using Litchi's pano mission I'm curious if there's a trick to maintaining max resolution on the final print. It looks fine in photoshop until you zoom in and then ugly pixelation and blurriness occurs. I know this is only a 12 megapixel camera, but I can zoom in on the photo on my iPhone 6 and see higher resolution than I can in photoshop.

I was wanting to print one of these out for wall decor and want to maximize the photo's detail and resolution. What steps are needed to print the little planet in the highest native resolution? Thanks.

how are you stitching them together? the source images at full res are nearly 10 inches at 300dpi (print) & about 40 inches at 72dpi (web

a full res stitch in PTGui ("set optimum size" on the "create panorama" tab) is about 4x larger than a source image. printing one out at 36" x 36" for a friend & the resolution is perfectly fine.

Taken from my house backyard using DronePan and ICE. I found DronePan takes Panorama pictures much faster than Litchi. DronePan tilts the gimbal up and down before yawing so it only turns 360 degree. Litchi only take 1 photo at each turn so it turns 360 degree x (number of rows).
planet.jpg

Taken from my house backyard using DronePan and ICE. I found DronePan takes Panorama pictures much faster than Litchi. DronePan tilts the gimbal up and down before yawing so it only turns 360 degree. Litchi only take 1 photo at each turn so it turns 360 degree x (number of rows).
View attachment 51244
Amazing, does the dronePan work with phantom 4 !?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I tried installing the 1.0 Android beta and running it froze up my Nexus 9 tablet. Not ready for prime time. Is 20 shots really enough? Either manual or via Litchi I shoot 26.

how are you stitching them together? the source images at full res are nearly 10 inches at 300dpi (print) & about 40 inches at 72dpi (web

a full res stitch in PTGui ("set optimum size" on the "create panorama" tab) is about 4x larger than a source image. printing one out at 36" x 36" for a friend & the resolution is perfectly fine.
Yeah I was just hitting the optimum size button and was ending up with an image of over 10000 by 10000 pixels. This was too large to upload or to use in Photoshop so I changed the size to 4000 by 4000 pixels. That seemed to work.

I'm still trying to play with it to get the best results. What dpi or ppi did your 36 by 36 print come out to? Was this a high end printer? Thanks

I want to try Litchi later to do a Pano to make a little planet but have never used it before. My questions are, you manually fly to your preferred location and height and after setting your Pano settings in Litchi you just hit 'Start' and the Phantom will do all of the shots for you? What does it do when it is done the shots, hover?

Update: Just tried it out and everything went smoothly.

Last edited:
Yeah I was just hitting the optimum size button and was ending up with an image of over 10000 by 10000 pixels. This was too large to upload or to use in Photoshop so I changed the size to 4000 by 4000 pixels. That seemed to work.

I'm still trying to play with it to get the best results. What dpi or ppi did your 36 by 36 print come out to? Was this a high end printer? Thanks
minimum res for anything I print is gonna be 300dpi also, don't forget about the sliders at the right/bottom of the pano viewer. PTGui by default adds a butt ton of empty space that will make the "optimize size" button render a bunch of unnecessary pixels

Used DronePan (thanks @finalfantasyfan) and it worked great. Used PTgui (after failing at Photoshop CC) and it came out great. Just purchased the licensed version of PTgui and then ill post mine Little Planet.

Finally got the clouds issue ironed out. Thanks for all your help !!!
Any tips on getting accomplishing this, so there aren't the black in the corners?

Used DronePan (thanks @finalfantasyfan) and it worked great. Used PTgui (after failing at Photoshop CC) and it came out great. Just purchased the licensed version of PTgui and then ill post mine Little Planet.

Any tips on getting accomplishing this, so there aren't the black in the corners?
select > fill > content aware in Photoshop

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka