Litchi

YES

Litchi YES OR NO

Very vague question. Hard to answer without some more information.

What are your "needs" for a 3rd party ap?
What are you NOT getting from the DJI GO app that you think Litchi may provide?

I use litchi every single day I fly but I have very specific needs/reasons and it works great for me.

Your mileage may vary though.

Reactions: RodPad
Reactions: RodPad
I know this question was very vague.Just wanted to see how many people like or dislike it.Thats all!

Ed, yep I understand very well your question. You will find a few "DJI GO Forever" users that would try Litchi if they were paid to do so. Then, you find a few who have tried it and for some reason most likely not related to Litchi they did not like it. And then, you will find a bunch like me. I tried GO for about a month and it kept crashing, refused to connect the drone to the controller, and even sometimes would not start up. I heard about Litchi, bought it and loved it from the first flight. I read about the DJI users who are notified to update, update and update, only to have problems such as mine above, limited flight parameters, and worse. Yet, they keep going back for more. Personally, I have not looked back at DJI and probably never will. I have never had a warning to update Litchi or any sort of requirement. I love it and its many features, especially the WAypoint and Mission Hub.

Good luck,.
Jim
WA5TEF

To add to @wa5tef, you will never get a good answer, you still have to use DJI-Go to do certain settings.

And this is always going on.
P3S camera issue

Rod

Very well said @wa5tef . I've used litchi for hundreds of flight hours and highly suggest it.

Unfortunately there are still times when I have to delve into DJI Go for certain settings and to UNLOCK restricted flying zones for work.

Thanks BigA. I realize that I will have to use DJI GO or Assistant for some things but I will not fly with it, ever again! The first time DJI GO crashed with my Phantom 4 about a mile away, over woods and lake, I was sure I had lost it. One of my first flights too and I was not at all sure if the RTH feature would work. Of course it did and the drone came home and landed but the app never restarted or connected on that flight. I tried a few more local flights, right around my home and it still crashed. Support had no idea, that it must have been pilot error! As if they could not believe that something DJI produced would ever malfunction.

I am 100% sold on Litchi, along with its Mission Hub and Waypoint missions. And, after 16 months of flying with Litchi, I've had absolutely no problems and no upgrades!

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: Neon Euc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72