Litchi...

Reaction score
My p3s is running great at the moment with all the latest firmware and latest android go app.....im interested in litchi missions to send her off and to do missions...is it worth the 25$ and safe???

Reactions: Cheery1
Subscribed. I am also kicking around the idea of buying that app. My question is.... what will it do for me that I can't already do now? The Litchi website is very vague on the description.

One big thing is preprogrammed waypoint autonomous flight. Software is safe. But care must be taken when programming your path to really understand your altitude settings throughout the preprogrammed mission to avoid flying into trees and ground. Try running a search here for "litchi" and pick some interesting threads to read. It's all out there.

Reactions: Bill S and RodPad
Does Litchi use Google maps? I really didn't want to have to install that "Here maps" on my tablet that the DJI Go app required.

Does Litchi use Google maps? I really didn't want to have to install that "Here maps" on my tablet that the DJI Go app required.

It does.

Yeah does it use Google maps?? I wanna trust my drone flying on it's own but I want peoples input...i can't afford to crash it haha...

You sig line says you fly a P3A. Just want to make sure the OP knows that while manually flying around with Litchi on a P3 Standard, if you loose signal the P3S will NOT RTH it will only stop and hover (per Litchi's website). It's my understanding that the P3A and P3P will RTH if signal is lost but not the P3S.
i got 2,800ft out with my P3S on Litchi today before loosing signal and a RTH did automatically initiate.

Reactions: Lunatech
i got 2,800ft out with my P3S on Litchi today before loosing signal and a RTH did automatically initiate.
OK after re-reading the website about the Standard this is what it says:
"Warning When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control of the aircraft, it will hover instead. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other aircraft models and flight modes are unaffected by this issue. "

Looks like it's only on certain modes. Thanks for correcting me and making me look closer. That's why I love this forum, all the information.:D

OK after re-reading the website about the Standard this is what it says:
"Warning When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control of the aircraft, it will hover instead. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other aircraft models and flight modes are unaffected by this issue. "

Looks like it's only on certain modes. Thanks for correcting me and making me look closer. That's why I love this forum, all the information.:D
I wouldn't use both apps simultaneously while flying.

Reactions: Tony Clixby
I searched Google for litchi on the Google and I downloaded an apk...it didn't charge my account...connected right up and camera came right on with satellites....raining so I can't fly but I thought it was 25$?? Weird...

Here is an example of a Litchi mission demonstrating what you can do (there are a couple glitches with gimbal aiming which I need to sort out.)

The idea is to fly directly over my entire property line at 200 ft with the camera trained on the house to provide a perspective of property extent. I used google maps (which shows property lines) to get Lat/Lon of each turn in the property line. I used them to create waypoints in litchi mission hub. Then added more intermediate waypoints to smooth out camera aiming (may not have been the right idea). I used the litchi POI function to keep focus on the house. Gimbal control hasn't been perfect. But heading and waypoint flight was rock solid.

Turn up the sound and enjoy the music. :)

Very nice...is the gimbal Still controllable while on a mission? If not out of range....also....on these missions if I wanna take the standard out 2 miles and back hypothetically,obvious lose signal, it will go and come back? And I can set the camera angles etc while setting up the mission?? Sorry I'm just very interested...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl