Litchi Waypoints & Manual Video...?

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just got myself a Mavic (arrives soon), having previously used Litchi with a P3 Standard a year or so ago, before giving it a rest & selling due to all sorts of reasons I won't bore you with...

I'm likely (as before) to use the waypoint missions for a few fairly long range trips (maybe 3-4 miles - 12-17 mins or so), but have a few Q's that I hope people can help with.

I like to video these flights, but I know that curved waypoints will be useless with setting actions as you never actually hit the waypoint,- so I'm likely to go with straight lines. However, I understand that as the bird hit's each waypoint, it slows and then speeds up, even assuming the whole trip is set to, say 30mph - correct? I also know that - should I lose radio signal with the drone - it will carry on it's course at the speed it was doing until it lost contact, until it eventually regains a signal - would this be the pre-programmed speed (30mph), or the speed it was going if it was slowing down as it reached one these waypoints? I'm just concerned that even tho I may have it set to 30mph, if it slows considerably at a waypoint and then loses contact, I'm gonna end up with a drone crawling along the course at 1 / 5 / 10 mph (or whatever) and running the risk of it never making it back...

If it's the latter, I'm thinking the best & simplest option is to set each mission that might go out of range with curves, and just start/stop the recording manually?

Cheers for your help!

Alan.

I'm just concerned that even tho I may have it set to 30mph, if it slows considerably at a waypoint and then loses contact, I'm gonna end up with a drone crawling along the course at 1 / 5 / 10 mph (or whatever) and running the risk of it never making it back...

If it's the latter, I'm thinking the best & simplest option is to set each mission that might go out of range with curves, and just start/stop the recording manually?
I would think that it doesn't matter whether you have signal or not since the mission is uploaded to the Phantom for it to be able to complete the mission with or without signal.
It should be a simple matter to set up a short test mission in a safe area and observe how it runs when you switch off the controller.
But manually starting recording is another simple option you could use too.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl