Litchi question, using in place of GO4 on desupported tablet.

Reaction score
When I bought my first P4 I picked up a Samsung S2 model SM-810 10" tablet to run the GO app, at the time it was a recommended tablet and also had the brightest display, so I chose it over an iPad model. It worked great, until several P4 firmware updates later then out of the blue the app would just crash for no reason in the middle of a flight. Quite alarming when the aircraft is out of site over a KM away somewhere.

I tried all the fixes I could look up, then finally read that the device was no longer supported for the GO4 app, so I picked up an iPad Mini4 and it has been working good, for both my P4 and recently purchased P4A.

There are times though, that I want to fly both aircraft at once, for comparisons, drone to drone shots etc, and I hate flying with my iPhone 6, and I remembered that I had purchased (and since deleted) the Litchi app on my S2 tablet. I re-downloaded the latest Litchi app onto the Samsung, and did a couple of flights with my original P4 with just the plain FPV mode. It worked great, no app crashes etc, and I found the app just as good, if not better to fly with than the GO4 app. I had also forgotten how much nicer the bright big 10" screen is to fly with.

My question is, (and I can't find anything on Litchi site to answer this) - is the Litchi app good to go on these older devices? Like I said I have it on a S2 SM-T810 tablet running Android 7.0, Kernel 3.10.9-12974407.

If I am good to go I will use this tablet strictly for when I want to use Litchi with my aircraft, which consist of a P4, P4A and soon will be adding a Mavic Air. I will be flying just normal (FPV) mode mostly, but hope to start flying waypoint missions as well, which was what I purchased Litchi for in the first place but just never got around to it.

Thanks in advance..

I fly Litchi with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7' bright display (SM T813). I have used this tablet to fly since it came out. I use Litchi to fly 100% of the time. I have 628. air miles on my DJI P3P now and no problems. I am running the latest firmware on the Phantom, and on the Android tablet. I keep everything updated. The only problem I have seen is trying to use the Samsung tablet to do a firmware update to my Phantom. I don't think the DJI Go app works correctly for a firmware update. Thus when I have a firmware up data to do, I borrow an I-Thing.

Thanks for the reply, good to know..

I think I recall the last time I updated the GO4 app it warned that my device may not be supported, which was when I switched to iPad mini. I usually to Phantom 4 updates through my PC anyways, but I have used the iPad once.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor