Litchi or DJI Go App

Reaction score
I have been using DJI Go on my Phantom 3 Advance. I have had no problems. I would like to know why should I use Litchi as opposed to DJI Go. I am nervous to use a 3rd party app, I guess it's confidence but I would like to hear from users on their preferences and why?

I use both, but Go far more than Litchi.
I use Litchi for pano and, very ocassionally, autonomous missions.
To me, Go feels more solid, plus the flight logs are easy to transfer to airdata.

In my experience DJI GO 4 has been sound (or at least better than other options) and the only reason to use Litchi is if you need the features it offers (pre-programmed waypoint missions, etc.) Those features are undeniably powerful and useful, but for basic manual flying I tend to trust DJI GO the most.

I'd have to agree with the responses so far, I'm a noobie with both but neither app has had any glitch problems on my iPad Mini 4 with my P4. The DJI Go app seems good for overall basic flying, but the Litchi app with its ability to pre-program the mission is good too, and I do like the voice feedback it has. My first test flight with Litchi was last weekend was a very basic flight in the shape of a long "V" about 200' in distance to the second waypoint then back near "home" to hover at 50' then flew her manually down to the "instant helipad", was it one of those "gee, I wonder how far it will go, and how high will it fly", no, but very gratifying nonetheless:) I now know what the "bearing" setting for the waypoints does, as it flew the outward leg backwards...:eek:

If you're using the go app and the quad falls out of the sky (there's enough of it happening on the forums) then DJI will replace quad after you send them the flight log. If you're using Litchi they wont. So your call...

Would DJI Replace a drone that is out of warranty? I do see your point though.

Great question but have no idea but if they see it was the drones circuitry fault they might offer a discount

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan