Litchi mission elevation source?

Reaction score
I am a new pilot so this might be a very basic question.

When flying a Litchi "way point mission" ... does the bird maintain elevation based on GPS reference or barometer reference ... or both?

The reason I ask is the elevation numbers on the bottom of the Litchi screen on my Android phone (and in the audible voice elevations received on the phone) are very high and don't seem logical if they are calculated based on the the elevation where the flight originated.

I am pretty nervous about understanding as I don't want to loose or destroy my new bird.

Any help would be appreciated ... thanks in advance

So ... as I understand it ... the mission flight altitude is controlled via GPS according to the data I enter when creating the way points but the recorded altitude shown on the Android is based on barometric pressure?

So ... as I understand it ... the mission flight altitude is controlled via GPS according to the data I enter when creating the way points but the recorded altitude shown on the Android is based on barometric pressure?

No, mission altitude is set to liftoff height + whatever you set, ie height above the liftoff position. This is determined by the barometric sensor. GPS plays no part.

Thanks for the clarification ... is it possible that the barometric sensor can become "out of calibration" thereby effecting the actual elevation of the quad above ground level during the mission?

I'll be sure to keep that in mind!

Thanks for your help and patience helping a new novice quad pilot

Can you give us an example of a reported height that you consider too high? And are you sure that you aren't confusing distance with height?

Yesterday when I flew ... the phone showed something like 160 feet when I landed!

However, I flew today and the elevation shown seemed to be correct when landing.

both flights were using GPS mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl