Litchi loses connection Speed Issues

Reaction score
I was just curious as to why when Litchi loses connection to the controller the rest of the mission is continued at the speed the phantom 4 pro was at when the connection was lost. There is even a warning that pops up before I start the mission that this is going to happen. It seems that the speed data at each waypoint is not getting stored in the aircraft. Is this a DJI SDK limitation with third party software.
Does DJIs Ground Station Pro also have this limitation.

I hope that this can be fixed. Fingers Crossed
Thanks
RK

This question and others such as gimbal positions not changing at waypoints is said to be a limit of the DJI's SDK.

Sorry I don't know about Ground Station Pro, but as many posts on litchi I have read, Nobody has stated that any other product does these ether.

Rod

I just want to make a small correction. Suppose that one plans a mission with waypoints A and B, and the speed between A and B is 30mph. Suppose also that there is a wind and the drone could not fly at 30mph, but flies, let's say, at 20mph. If the connection with the RC is lost between A and B, the drone will continue the rest of the mission trying to maintain the target speed (30mph), not the actual speed (20mph). Of course, if there is no wind the target speed will be the same as the actual speed and the drone will continue the rest of the mission trying to maintain that speed.

I agree.

Something I have not quite figured out what happen. I have a mission I'm running every few weeks, very windy at times, I decided the wind spends were 15 mph 20 mph gusts by some near by weather stations.

I started the 125' elevation mission. Off it went direction of the wind (first way point). It took the picture, next way point took the picture, but it wasn't where it should be.

Now I'm getting nervous, wondering if my mission is messed up, wind had been pulling it away from the mission, then I get the message of mission ended. Had to fly it back down, to get a hold of it. :eek:

Wind gusts must have been 35 - 40 mph at 125'

What canceled it?
It couldn't get to the next waypoint by a certain amount of time?
Or new it it was to far of coarse?
Next waypoint was increasing in distance?

I don't know, but it didn't keep trying, nether did I. ;)

Rod

I was just curious as to why when Litchi loses connection to the controller the rest of the mission is continued at the speed the phantom 4 pro was at when the connection was lost. There is even a warning that pops up before I start the mission that this is going to happen. It seems that the speed data at each waypoint is not getting stored in the aircraft. Is this a DJI SDK limitation with third party software.
Does DJIs Ground Station Pro also have this limitation.

I hope that this can be fixed. Fingers Crossed
Thanks
RK

I've seen the message you're referring to and what's it's trying to tell you is that one or more of your waypoints has a speed that is different from the others. For example, let's say you have 10 waypoints and 7 of them are set to use the "cruising speed" but the other 3 you have set to be either higher or lower. This will trigger that warning to pop up before the route is uploaded. It's just informational and I've never experienced a negative result from it. I've only used Ground Station once so cannot say if the same warning will appear.

I agree.

Something I have not quite figured out what happen. I have a mission I'm running every few weeks, very windy at times, I decided the wind spends were 15 mph 20 mph gusts by some near by weather stations.

I started the 125' elevation mission. Off it went direction of the wind (first way point). It took the picture, next way point took the picture, but it wasn't where it should be.

Now I'm getting nervous, wondering if my mission is messed up, wind had been pulling it away from the mission, then I get the message of mission ended. Had to fly it back down, to get a hold of it. :eek:

Wind gusts must have been 35 - 40 mph at 125'

What canceled it?
It couldn't get to the next waypoint by a certain amount of time?
Or new it it was to far of coarse?
Next waypoint was increasing in distance?

I don't know, but it didn't keep trying, nether did I. ;)

Rod

It sounds to me that the wind was too strong for your bird to maintain it's planned heading. I think DJI doesn't recommend flying in anything over 25 mph.

It sounds to me that the wind was too strong for your bird to maintain it's planned heading. I think DJI doesn't recommend flying in anything over 25 mph.
Yes, "wind was to strong" that was my point.

So how does this effect Litchi and the next programmed way-point with or without remote control signal?

Rod

So how does this effect Litchi and the next programmed way-point with or without remote control signal?

Rod
Flying a Litchi waypoint mission the maximum speed is 33.6 mph. If the wind is 40 mph it will blow off course. With a headwind at 40 mph you will be lucky to bring the bird home. RTH will not bring it home. This is the time to attempt sport mode with a max speed of 45 mph. You will still have one hell of a time trying to get it home and landing. I know. Been there, never again.

Flying a Litchi waypoint mission the maximum speed is 33.6 mph. If the wind is 40 mph it will blow off course. With a headwind at 40 mph you will be lucky to bring the bird home. RTH will not bring it home. This is the time to attempt sport mode with a max speed of 45 mph. You will still have one hell of a time trying to get it home and landing. I know. Been there, never again.

Not necessarily. The maximum speed is adjustable. The cruising speed is your default speed for all waypoints. This allows you to change the speed of all waypoints by altering one setting.You can set the maximum speed on the same page in Litchi to achieve the same effect. If I recall, this governs the maximum speed allowed by stick input, not the speed affected by wind.

Rod

The maximum speed is adjustable. The cruising speed is your default speed for all waypoints. This allows you to change the speed of all waypoints by altering one setting.You can set the maximum speed on the same page in Litchi to achieve the same effect. If I recall, this governs the maximum speed allowed by stick input, not the speed affected by wind.

Not necessarily. The maximum speed is adjustable. The cruising speed is your default speed for all waypoints. This allows you to change the speed of all waypoints by altering one setting.You can set the maximum speed on the same page in Litchi to achieve the same effect. If I recall, this governs the maximum speed allowed by stick input, not the speed affected by wind.
Yes, necessarily the maximum cruising speed for a Litchi waypoint mission is 33.6 mph. You cannot set it faster than that. You can adjust it to lower speeds at various waypoints but never faster than 33.6 mph period. There is no stick imput once the AC loses RC.

Yes, necessarily the maximum cruising speed for a Litchi waypoint mission is 33.6 mph. You cannot set it faster than that. You can adjust it to lower speeds at various waypoints but never faster than 33.6 mph period. There is no stick imput once the AC loses RC.

My mistake! You're absolutely correct! Sorry about that! I was referring to this:

Cruising Speed: Defines the autonomous flight speed of the aircraft. If you do not use the remote controller's right joystick (mode 2) during the mission, the speed the aircraft will travel at is the cruising speed. Can be set to negative values if you want the aircraft to travel backwards autonomously. Can be adjusted while the mission is in progress.

Max Flight Speed: If you use the remote controller's right joystick (mode 2) while the mission is in progress, you can increase the speed of the aircraft up to the "Max Flight Speed".

I misinterpreted the Max Flight Speed. I know stick input doesn't matter once connection is lost.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadabyanza24