Litchi Crashing?

Reaction score
I have been proud of Litchi's solid performance ever since I switched to it from DJI GO back in November. Then, the last two outings, I had Litchi crash while on an extended waypoint mission. Has anyone anywhere ever had this to happen? I am flying a Phantom 4 with a full sized iPad. It might be the iPad's problem but before I switched it out I thought I would check here to see if anyone else had had this problem.

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

I'm flying a phantom 4 with an iPad Air 2 and say I've flown missions over 10,000 feet
( there and back), and haven't crash with litchi. ( knock on wood).

Johnny, yeah I was very surprised when Litchi crashed the first time with me. It has performed perfectly since November and I was even more surprised when it happened again. In fact, I think it may have crashed three times instead of two. The last time it happened, the drone was about 4,000 feet out and going further and I knew it would complete the mission and end up back near the takeoff point so I didn't worry. I simply tried to restart which it did ok but would not connect again. I finally got it going but the mission it was flying was not showing, just the map with the voice prompts. I kinda think it might be my iPad which is two years old and it has worked perfectly also. My wife has one just like mine and I might try hers a few flights to see if it crashes with hers. I recently updated to the latest version, 1.17.0 but I think the first crash was on the previous version. Anyway, if I figure it out or if someone posts a fix for this, I'll try it and come back here and note my results. I appreciate your information and happy flying.
Jim
WA5TEF

Wa5tef I would for sure try another device. That way u can know if that is the cause.
Stay close though in visual just in case. Sry to hear this and someone with more knowledge than I hopefully will come along here and help

I updated to v1.17.2 this week on iOS and there were bug fixes included. I had both DJI and litchi crashing a couple of days ago following the P4 FW update, could find nothing nothing wrong until I changed out the microSD card and all is well again. No idea where the sudden problem came from as both apps have been solid up until now.

Tevek, I have not tried a different SD card but I will do so tomorrow. Thanks for the tip, that just might be the problem.

Jim
WA5TEF

No issues here. Litchi has been solid but I can't complain about the Go 4 app crashing either.

I updated my iPad and no more Litchi crashes. Sorry I didn't post here earlier but I forgot.
Jim
WA5TEF

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna