Litchi App ???

Reaction score
In programming a mission in the Litchi app... What is the farthest away point that you should program your bird to fly? Should you fly the location to see if it's capable of that area's range with your bird? I have heard that the Litchi app will continue flying a mission even if it has lost it's radio signal! How is that possible for the bird to still be getting commands to finish mission that are not from the RC from the TX? I have programmed a couple of mission's and flown them and it works really nice so far! Any help appreciated!

What is the farthest away point that you should program your bird to fly?
No further than you have battery power to go out and come back.
You may also have to take wind strength and direstion into account if you want to push things.
What is the farthest away point that you should program your bird to fly?
I have heard that the Litchi app will continue flying a mission even if it has lost it's radio signal! How is that possible for the bird to still be getting commands to finish mission that are not from the RC from the TX?
It's possible because the Phantom gets the full mission instructions and then flies the mission.
It is not getting mission instructions during the flight.
If you have signal, it will show you the view and flight prograss.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
No further than you have battery power to go out and come back.
You may also have to take wind strength and direstion into account if you want to push things.

It's possible because the Phantom gets the full mission instructions and then flies the mission.
It is not getting mission instructions during the flight.
If you have signal, it will show you the view and flight prograss.
Super! Really appreciate the help on that! Makes sense. Had no idea that all the gps info was loaded that would fly bird without RC. Pretty cool! Love the app so far for sure!

Is there a setting in the Litchi app like the one in Ultimate Flight that when doing a waypoint mission the camera takes a photo every 3, 5, whatever seconds?

Is there a setting in the Litchi app like the one in Ultimate Flight that when doing a waypoint mission the camera takes a photo every 3, 5, whatever seconds?
Not that I have seen yet treeboy. But it's possible. I have only had the app for a couple of weeks now. That would be a sweet feature!

So to clarify Litchi....
you program a mission and upload it to the AC.
While the AC is flying your mission, if you loose the RC connection the AC continues to fly your pre-programmed mission that you have uploaded to the AC.
What happened to RTH if it looses connection? Is that ignored if it is flying a Litchi mission?

So to clarify Litchi....
you program a mission and upload it to the AC.
While the AC is flying your mission, if you loose the RC connection the AC continues to fly your pre-programmed mission that you have uploaded to the AC.
What happened to RTH if it looses connection? Is that ignored if it is flying a Litchi mission?
Very good question man! Hopefully someone will chime in on this one for us. Need to know how big of an area I can set up to be comfortable with not losing RC signal during the course for the most part!

The key is to always add your last waypoint as your home point. That way it finishes the mission at home, with or without RC signal.

As meta4 says, take the wind into account. I like to fly tailwinds for return trips when I can position myself to do so.

Personally, I'm a bit of a chicken when the bird leaves my line of sight or if I even think I might lose RC during the mission. So I try to keep the total flight around 20,000 feet in distance which seems to be about 16 minutes of flight. I could go longer but i would rather be certain I could get the bird back with at least 1/3 battery life left because I can't always tell how bad the winds are above the tree lines.

The key is to always add your last waypoint as your home point. That way it finishes the mission at home, with or without RC signal.

As meta4 says, take the wind into account. I like to fly tailwinds for return trips when I can position myself to do so.

Personally, I'm a bit of a chicken when the bird leaves my line of sight or if I even think I might lose RC during the mission. So I try to keep the total flight around 20,000 feet in distance which seems to be about 16 minutes of flight. I could go longer but i would rather be certain I could get the bird back with at least 1/3 battery life left because I can't always tell how bad the winds are above the tree lines.
Thanks for the info man. And I have been making sure that my last point is really close the the number 1 point. So I guess I'm good on that. Know what you mean about being nervous when it goes a little out of my sight on these missions. LOL!

i would love to try the litchi app but im fear,if something wrong happens, then hpw about log file, and how about dji will reply...maybe say that "since we didnt use the dji go app its our mistake so its our problem"... i dont know.

i would love to try the litchi app but im fear,if something wrong happens, then hpw about log file, and how about dji will reply...maybe say that "since we didnt use the dji go app its our mistake so its our problem"... i dont know.
Just go for it man! It has flawlessly so far for me. My only wish was that you could play back the vid immediately on your device so you can make sure you got the shot! Wish I could get a workaround for that from someone on here.

thats nothing new for me because i can play back the vid immediately on my device.

thats nothing new for me because i can play back the vid immediately on my device.
I mean't playing it back immediately if you use the Lichti App. Yes, I have been playing it back on mine from day one as well on the DJI App too. Really handy feature. But I'm not finding that possible with the Lichti App.

Reactions: Docjkm
ohh..ok....i just have that on dji app...but i want know what´s new or different in litchi app from dji app.

ohh..ok....i just have that on dji app...but i want know what´s new or different in litchi app from dji app.
Basically what's diff in Litchi app is that you can program your flights in your living room with their maps and then go to the location and say go and it flies it. Also, you do not have to fly your planned course to create waypoint courses like you do in DJI Go App.

thats a great function...thx. but we need to know the place on map or we can wrong mark a building or tree.

thats a great function...thx. but we need to know the place on map or we can wrong mark a building or tree.
True. But normally you set a pretty safe altitude like 130 ft or so to clear any trees. Now buildings flying sideways is another issue for sure! Must scout your location out good too in that case.

Hi, my first experience with litchi wasn't so good, not because litchi i suppose, but maybe other issues that i can't know what is it or why happened. For example, on video recording appears not only props on image when go on cruising speed but a shadow of props. It was a relative strong wind thats true, but reflection?? Maybe because strong sunny day???Don't understand.
Other issue, i made a plan with waypoints function, and at a few points i added the next sequence actions: Stop recording, take a photo, start recording, and only did the first and third action, but didn't take the photo.
I have a Phantom 4 and if someone can explain or help me i would appreciate that. Thanks.

Reactions: Norval
Hi, my first experience with litchi wasn't so good, not because litchi i suppose, but maybe other issues that i can't know what is it or why happened. For example, on video recording appears not only props on image when go on cruising speed but a shadow of props. It was a relative strong wind thats true, but reflection?? Maybe because strong sunny day???Don't understand.
Other issue, i made a plan with waypoints function, and at a few points i added the next sequence actions: Stop recording, take a photo, start recording, and only did the first and third action, but didn't take the photo.
I have a Phantom 4 and if someone can explain or help me i would appreciate that. Thanks.
If it was pretty windy and making your bird tip quite a bit you are gonna see some prop problems unless you tip your camera gimble down just a little bit. that will take care of it. You may have to raise your altitude just a bit to frame your shot but that's easy. I have not messed with this multi-action function that you are talking about having problems with so I can't help you on that one.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT