Litchi - AEB bracketed panorama not supported?

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if AEB bracketing is supported by the Litchi panorama function? I don't get it to work. I have set the mode to AEB in the camera settings and taking single (normal) pictures results in 3 differently exposed images (as expected). But doing a panorama with the same camera settings only results in single exposure images.

I hv request this function aeb panorama function long time ago but still wip.

Can anybody tell me if AEB bracketing is supported by the Litchi panorama function? I don't get it to work. I have set the mode to AEB in the camera settings and taking single (normal) pictures results in 3 differently exposed images (as expected). But doing a panorama with the same camera settings only results in single exposure images.
I've been doing panoramas for ages but just started tinkering with Litchi this week.
So far I haven't managed to get the panorama function to work at all.
If you want AEB panorama shooting, it's very easy to do it yourself without an app to help.

I've been doing panoramas for ages but just started tinkering with Litchi this week.
So far I haven't managed to get the panorama function to work at all.
If you want AEB panorama shooting, it's very easy to do it yourself without an app to help.

Relatively easy, but quite tedious. How do you keep track of the horizontal rotation? Watch the mini aircraft icon? Or watch the heading numbers?

And while I'm at it. How do you prevent slight drifting between the shots? I've just tried a bracketed manual panorama and was partially blurry because of slight drifting between the bracketed shots. PTGui seems to just treat all images whithin one "bracket" as one and any drifting be damned. The result us ghosting.

And while I'm at it. How do you prevent slight drifting between the shots? I've just tried a bracketed manual panorama and was partially blurry because of slight drifting between the bracketed shots.
In GPS mode your Phantom shouldn't be drifting very much at all and unless you are quite close to some of the photo elements, a few inches +/- won't be noticed

In GPS mode your Phantom shouldn't be drifting very much at all and unless you are quite close to some of the photo elements, a few inches +/- won't be noticed

Maybe not related to bracketing, but I've gotten some nasty breaks in the horizon using PTGui 10.0.15 Pro (even when removing control points in the clouds) and their support claims this to be caused by parallax problems. I find this hard to believe as I was shooting the panorama at 120m height and any wiggeling about inside 1m should be completely negligible.

Care to elaborate? Are you talking about Litchi?
I've been taking AEB panoramas with Litchi 1.7.0 iOS. It takes 78 pictures (26 orientations x 3 shot AEB).
You have to select AEB within Litchi; pre-setting it in GO then going to Litchi will not work. GO only allows 2/3 stop of bracketing anyway, which is not enough. Litchi has many more options.
This is using the PANO mode of Litchi. There is also a panorama action under the WAYPOINT mode. I haven't tried that with AEB.

I've been taking AEB panoramas with Litchi 1.7.0 iOS. It takes 78 pictures (26 orientations x 3 shot AEB).
You have to select AEB within Litchi; pre-setting it in GO then going to Litchi will not work. GO only allows 2/3 stop of bracketing anyway, which is not enough. Litchi has many more options.
This is using the PANO mode of Litchi. There is also a panorama action under the WAYPOINT mode. I haven't tried that with AEB.

Hmmm... Could it be that Litchi has supported this for a while? I have asked this in several fora and have never heard of one that has answered that LIchi supports this. Maybe there's a difference in Android vs iOS.

Maybe I've just not found where to set AEB in Litchi. Could I ask for a screen dump where this is done?

It's no mention of AEB in the Android doc either, only this:
7. I can't find HDR, 7-shot burst and AEB shooting modes where can I set them?
These shooting modes are not available to SDK developers. Whenever DJI adds them to the development kit,
we will add them to Litchi.

Which is not very uplifting...

On the iOS doc, however, lots of AEB and camera settings are mentioned...

Maybe I've just not found where to set AEB in Litchi. Could I ask for a screen dump where this is done?
Screen dumps attached. This is Litchi 1.7.0 running on an iPhone 6+ with iOS 9.3.2. Can't speak for the Android side of things.

IMG_2983.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

Reactions: RuneW
OK, it indeed seems like the iOS and Android version differs in this department. These things look different and as said above, it doesn't make any difference if AEB is selected. It only takes single exposures anyway in pano mode.

SHAME ON YOU LITCHI! Originally being an Android version and all...

@MikeON:

Can you also set the exposure to manual combined with AEB when doing panoramas? I'm using PTGui to create the panoramas and it really only works if the set of exposures are made of only 3 (or 5) identical exposure settings. This, unfortunately does not work with "auto exposure AEB".

Can you also set the exposure to manual combined with AEB when doing panoramas? I'm using PTGui to create the panoramas and it really only works if the set of exposures are made of only 3 (or 5) identical exposure settings. This, unfortunately does not work with "auto exposure AEB".
Yes, you can set manual exposure.
Android Litchi still ahead of iOS regarding FPV.

I tried this yesterday and it still was as I (now) remember it:

You can adjust the camera settings to manual and AEB bracketing all you want. When you do a panorama shot (with panorama mode) Litchi doesn't give a hoot about these settings anyway.

If never does any AEB shooting in panorama mode.

Please tell med if you experience anything else.

Is this still the case? I'm guessing you could always do a pano, lower the EV, do it again, raise the EV do it again......

..and hope the phantom doesn't drift?

At least it shoots RAW in pano!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl