Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

lipo bags

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ksc, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Ksc

Ksc

with all this talk of batteries blowing up, I've gotten a tiny bit nervous. I'm thinking about buying these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/190896886816?_t ... 6ga4m%3DT3 and wanted to know when I should use them? While charging? flap closed? just to store my batteries? in the phantom case, it looks like there are 6 slots for batteries but they won't fit the bags too. is it safe to store them in the case? if so, lid open? I don't want to die. not concerned about the house, its insured.

2. rotorhead42

See my post on the Lipo silo, I had to custom order a charging case. I got the bags and use them to transport the batts in the car and anywhere else where I go to fly the bird. You can use them to charge too if you haven`t got a safe place to do that. Just keep `em batteries away from carpets and other flammable surfaces.

3. Driffill

I have some of those bags, I also have an ammo can for charging, I think I posted a pic in the silo thread too. I can't say for sure that the bags are fire proof, people have said the eBay ones can burn? But I try to take the proper precautions, for a couple of $$ it's a wise purchase for a $1000+ kit

4. Ots

Ots

There is a post a few down from this now on page 2 called, "Battery - Voltage per cell at full charge."

Might be worth reading. The kinds of problems the bags are for can be prevented with proper lipo handling, balancing in particular.