Mark
all true but do you have any idea how much time and money is invested to do that?

Many just want to grab and fly like me,
not interested in tripods, big amps, and antenna farms..lol

I can put my pro in the air in 60 seconds ready to go a couple miles as is
Its the truth I am a just grab an fly guy too I would hate to have to set up amps and antenna and all that other stuff. I would not fly nerlybaz much as I do now if I had that to do. But to each Its own right ?

Not saying that every standard is flaw-free, but most immediately sell it and conclude the whole line of standards will operate the same. I just think the standard has a lot of bad rep because people run into problems more than the adv/pro do :)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I think your statement is pretty much true,
as an ex owner of several p2's including the plus, and a p3s
I can say idid exactly that.

I had the p3s and pro, my thought was use the standard for everyday use and pro for good stuff.
as I did with my vision plus(good stuff) and regular p2 (fun).

a month in I didn't even look at the the standard so I sold it ...
never looked back.

Its the truth I am a just grab an fly guy too I would hate to have to set up amps and antenna and all that other stuff. I would not fly nerlybaz much as I do now if I had that to do. But to each Its own right ?

absolutely!
every one has their own use and needs.
many think we are all nuts spending money on these things.

maybe they are right..
maybe not!

Reactions: TechTom
While little is in the public domain with respect the intricacies of lightbridge there is a growing community of dedicated enthusiasts who are demonstrating amazing results in video transmission over wifi. Through implementation of the "wifibroadfast" protocol (part of the existing wifi standards) many are achieving or exceeding the range obtained by lightbride with, in some instances, lower latency. Wifibroadcast allows for continuous data transmission without the need for the receiver to verify the integrity of the received data and the necessity to resend packets which aren't complete. The absence of data verification and retransmission allows the link to continue to operate at an acceptable level at significantly greater distances. It is highly likely lightbridge is nothing more than a slick implementation of wifibroadcast.

I use and install ubiquity wifi enterprise equipment.
this is used for backhall wifi distribution for small locals etc. also for large scale video surveillance, campuses etc.
when setup for ptp use it can punch out many miles (over 10 to 20 is not uncommon with appropriate antenna ) of solid signal to remote sites.

I setup one up a little while back to replace a companies cat5 cable they had strung many city blocks away to a shop site. no clear LOS. transmit unit inside a metal building pointed in general direction of the shop. a small metal building is in the middle as well blocking los.
set up receive antenna, pointed at main building and had over 50 meg connection flawless in minutes.
20 ip phones and more more pc's than that run fine without issue.

why am I telling you this..
this concept is most likely the backbone of how the phantom Lightbridge is able to get the distances we see.

it may also help you get further into you research.
let us know what you learn as you go!

re

real nice evening out there tonight. perfect flight weather
I assume Ashtabula is as well...

battery topping off now love my night flying

BTW I am straight down rt 11

I use and install ubiquity wifi enterprise equipment.
this is used for backhall wifi distribution for small locals etc. also for large scale video surveillance, campuses etc.
when setup for ptp use it can punch out many miles (over 10 to 20 is not uncommon with appropriate antenna ) of solid signal to remote sites.

I setup one up a little while back to replace a companies cat5 cable they had strung many city blocks away to a shop site. no clear LOS. transmit unit inside a metal building pointed in general direction of the shop. a small metal building is in the middle as well blocking los.
set up receive antenna, pointed at main building and had over 50 meg connection flawless in minutes.
20 ip phones and more more pc's than that run fine without issue.

why am I telling you this..
this concept is most likely the backbone of how the phantom Lightbridge is able to get the distances we see.

it may also help you get further into you research.
let us know what you learn as you go!
Thank you for your insight. I won't be doing a lot more research, wifibroadcast is part of the wifi standards and well proven to equal, or better what we are seeing from lightbridge performance. DJI didn't need to, and almost certainy isn't using anything other than wifibroadcast, albeit with a very slick implementation under the lightbridge trademark. There isn't anything I can see in a phantom that didn't exist somewhere else before DJI implemented it. They bring it to us in a great rtf package though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl