Lightbridge automatic mode

ptt

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Phantom 4 Pro with lightbridge and I need to change my default settings to a "switch" mode. I need that my drone choose the best band (2.4 or 5.8) depending on the interference level in each moment, but in my Phantom I have to choose manually the band I want. How should I change my settings to get my purpose?
Thanks

You can’t.
OK! Thank you. So, If I have a lot of interference in 2.4GHz band I have to choose manually the 5.8GHz, no? Excuse my ignorance, but I am new here and I was reading a lot of forums and each person said different things. I have another question, because I read that the control signals are always in 2.4GHz, but I did some tests and I can see control emissions in 5.8GHz. Do you know if is it correct?
Thank you again

Drone-world.com can update your controller to the firebridge2 mod where it auto switched between the different bands on takeoff. Its approved by DJI and not anything that will cause unsafe flights or reckless flying. If anything makes things safer.

I bought the Falcon edition that comes with that included but in this video they state you can send in your controller and they will upgrade it for you

Reactions: ptt
Sorry it won't let me post a video link but search youtube for Phamtom 4 Obsidian Falcon edition or look at it on drone-worlds page under the Falcon kits

Reactions: ptt
Thank you so much for all the information :) I will try it
Don't do business with Drone World, they are very shady characters IMO. They won't even talk to me about their products. They allow no walk ins to discuss things. I live about a mile form them and they fail to answer my emails or answer the phone. I can't imagine DJI being OK with DW opening up your RC, drone, or hacking your app and keep your warranty in place. I highly doubt if you crashed with a modified DW RC that DJI would honor the warranty. DW is a high risk scenario, especially during your 1yr warranty period.

It appears you are new to the P4P. Simply select 5.8Ghz auto and leave it there, that's all you need. You will have a 4+ mile range with a clear LOS connection, having NOTHING between you and the craft. You'll be battery limited at 4mi. Stay off 2.4Ghz, it's not as good because there is a lot more Wifi interference on that band, and it just doesn't perform as well for some reason. If you have a mission that's over 2mi away, slip a Windsurfer on the antenna's to get 4+ miles. The P4P rocks, better on 5.8Ghz.

I wish I had seen your advice about drone road before I made the purchase too late now must move on [emoji22]

Don't do business with Drone World, they are very shady characters IMO. They won't even talk to me about their products. They allow no walk ins to discuss things. I live about a mile form them and they fail to answer my emails or answer the phone. I can't imagine DJI being OK with DW opening up your RC, drone, or hacking your app and keep your warranty in place. I highly doubt if you crashed with a modified DW RC that DJI would honor the warranty. DW is a high risk scenario, especially during your 1yr warranty period.

It appears you are new to the P4P. Simply select 5.8Ghz auto and leave it there, that's all you need. You will have a 4+ mile range with a clear LOS connection, having NOTHING between you and the craft. You'll be battery limited at 4mi. Stay off 2.4Ghz, it's not as good because there is a lot more Wifi interference on that band, and it just doesn't perform as well for some reason. If you have a mission that's over 2mi away, slip a Windsurfer on the antenna's to get 4+ miles. The P4P rocks, better on 5.8Ghz.

Thank you John :) Yes, I am new to P4P and I want to analyze not only the different modes and performance of P4P and app, but also analyze the spectral features. That is the reason why I am doing this trivial questions, to understand all about P4P.
Moreover, I was reading about drone world and a lot of people said the same as you told me; so I am not to buy anything of their products :p
One more question, do you have any idea if it exists any test like the FCC RF test (201402241 DJI LIGHTBRIDGE Test Report CE Radio SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD). Because I want to know more about video transmission (both 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz bands) and this test is only for control signals in 2.4GHz.
Thank you for your reply

Lets us know what you bought, and for how much $. Ultimately I'm curious if you like what you bought..... does it work better?

So I bought the Phantom 4 Pro+ Obsidian Falcon Edition. $3,399.00 base price instead of $4,100.

DJI Phantom 4 PRO Obsidian Drone, Firebridge 2[emoji769] Long Range Remote, Nanuk 950 Hard Wheeled Case & Shoulder Strap, Compact Backpack, 3 batteries (2 extras) & Thor Super-Charging Station, Extra Carbon Fiber Propellers, Propeller Guards, L-Series Premium Lens Filter Kit (Variable Polarizer & Neutral Density) w/ pouch, 64gb+16gb MicroSD Memory Cards, Portable Battery Bank, Commercial Grade Sunshade for mobile or tablet devices, Remote Lanyard, Apple USB Cable, and a new designed by them adjusting ND filter ( no more needinging to switch filters just like ones for DSLR you turn it to darken or brighten )

So the price jumped another $300 for the pro plus controller making it $3,699.99

So that was just the kit,

I also purchase and extra set of carbon fiber props, 1 year warranty, fat shark v3, sun hood trackimo gps. With all that and tax and $50 2nd day air shipping came out to $4,770.

It's almost here in just a few hours I'll keep you posted. See my other thread I started about help with what to look out for on this model drone.

So I bought the Phantom 4 Pro+ Obsidian Falcon Edition. $3,399.00 base price instead of $4,100.

DJI Phantom 4 PRO Obsidian Drone, Firebridge 2[emoji769] Long Range Remote, Nanuk 950 Hard Wheeled Case & Shoulder Strap, Compact Backpack, 3 batteries (2 extras) & Thor Super-Charging Station, Extra Carbon Fiber Propellers, Propeller Guards, L-Series Premium Lens Filter Kit (Variable Polarizer & Neutral Density) w/ pouch, 64gb+16gb MicroSD Memory Cards, Portable Battery Bank, Commercial Grade Sunshade for mobile or tablet devices, Remote Lanyard, Apple USB Cable, and a new designed by them adjusting ND filter ( no more needinging to switch filters just like ones for DSLR you turn it to darken or brighten )

So the price jumped another $300 for the pro plus controller making it $3,699.99

So that was just the kit,

I also purchase and extra set of carbon fiber props, 1 year warranty, fat shark v3, sun hood trackimo gps. With all that and tax and $50 2nd day air shipping came out to $4,770.

It's almost here in just a few hours I'll keep you posted. See my other thread I started about help with what to look out for on this model drone.

Moving up to Obsidian Falcon edition from Mavic Pro. Any thing to look out for or keep in mind?

Moving up to Obsidian Falcon edition from Mavic Pro. Any thing to look out for or keep in mind?

Thank you John :) Yes, I am new to P4P and I want to analyze not only the different modes and performance of P4P and app, but also analyze the spectral features. That is the reason why I am doing this trivial questions, to understand all about P4P.
Moreover, I was reading about drone world and a lot of people said the same as you told me; so I am not to buy anything of their products :p
One more question, do you have any idea if it exists any test like the FCC RF test (201402241 DJI LIGHTBRIDGE Test Report CE Radio SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD). Because I want to know more about video transmission (both 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz bands) and this test is only for control signals in 2.4GHz.
Thank you for your reply
I can't help with tests that are relevant to the FCC numbers.

I think the primary fact to know is for the P4P that 5.8Ghz AUTO works best for range and signal integrity.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart