Lets see some stills

180degreephotography said:
No worries. Yes. Everything I shoot I shoot in RAW. It’s the only way to get the results you see. JPEG on this camera doesn’t have the dynamic range and the metering isn’t precise enough. You have to be able to manipulate the image after it’s shot.
Thank you. I only want to know how you start so can get those remarkable results. Surely there is a lot of work and knowledge till the end. Thanks again.

There is a real good ski hill in those mountains

Attachments

• ReSZ4.jpg
    ReSZ4.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 401
To find it ya go - across lost meadow - up secret mountain - through hidden pass - up notell creek - turn north at 9 foot round cedar tree

Attachments

• Rsiz3.jpg
    Rsiz3.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 348
1024 X 680 seems to be a good size to post images for me, when I click on it, it opens in the middle of the screen. It seems the smaller ones just move up to the left corner or do mine do the same for others? Example:

5713329_orig.jpg

Took off from fog to rise up it and captured this. I love the feeling of having a presence above the clouds !

Attachments

• fog_theone.jpg
    fog_theone.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 362
dpdpkpcom said:
Took off from fog to rise up it and captured this. I love the feeling of having a presence above the clouds !
:eek:

Very Nice !!!!! :mrgreen:

Meta4 said:
phantomi said:
Great results. Did you shoot in RAW?

180 has explained what he does several times already in the thread.
Just read the earlier posts and get all the detail.
awesome.. care to save us some time and quote the post or page # as well... :)

Sorry. Been away traveling. So, yes! This was shot with my PV2+. I shoot both JPEG and RAW then edit in Photoshop. The trick for some of the images is to use both the JPEG and the RAW images together. For example I split this image and used the sky from the JPEG which had more highlight detail and the RAW for the shadow detail. I also used some noise and smart sharpen to clean up any artifacts in the shadows. I also almost always try to correct the lens distortion as well.

And to answer your original question this was shot at 100 ISO.
ok, went through 16 pages of posts and found this to be the biggest nugget... ;) I wouldn't say there was a whole lot of detail in earlier posts... basically, always shoot RAW of course, reduce noise and smart sharpen in PS, and lens correction... I didn't really notice any other specific post processing tips... I need to learn this 'smart sharpening' technique... looks like I have some youtube searches ahead of me.. ;)

Smart sharpen is actually a photoshop dialog just like unsharp mask but it gives you more control over noise reduction at the same time. One other thing is that I do a lot of localized noise correction in the shadow areas.

This image is a good example of needing localized noise correction in the dark areas of the storm cloud. I could pull out detail but I also pulled out a lot of noise.

Smart sharpen is actually a photoshop dialog just like unsharp mask but it gives you more control over noise reduction at the same time. One other thing is that I do a lot of localized noise correction in the shadow areas.

This image is a good example of needing localized noise correction in the dark areas of the storm cloud. I could pull out detail but I also pulled out a lot of noise.
If you could give away all your secrets in a nice youtube video that would be greaaaaat... lol :) but seriously... ;)

gopro hero 3 white edition.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    572.2 KB · Views: 336

Good Job 180, I appreciate your work, talent and sharing. I will take a look at the smart sharpening. The phantom really make the shadows noisy and blueish colored which make image correcting harder.

Happy flying gents.
Mike

Hello,
First still here. I was testing close range photos on this soccer field lights. The original worked image is twice bigger but the forum did not let me upload it. This image comes from the .jpg .

Mike

http://1drv.ms/1wtdC8A

Attachments

• Post-50.jpg
    Post-50.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 368
Fantastic pictures here!
My simple one. Sand mining near me.

Attachments

• Sand.jpg
    Sand.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 397