Less than stellar experience with DJI Repair

Reaction score
I'm an experienced pilot - for unknown reasons my P4 just dropped out of the sky two months ago and sustained major damage.
I got an estimate for $194 and sent the drone into DJI in Cerritos California.
After three weeks it comes back I fire it up and get an IMU calibration error. Try calibrating - seven times even after chilling the bird and battery in the fridge. No good. Call DJI they have to have the drone back to fix it. This after they "fixed it" and charged me $194 - apparently they never tested it before shipping it back to me. Terrible experience. Has anyone experience this low level of service from DJI? For a $1400 drone and $200 repair fee you'd think they could get it right, but nope.

I'm an experienced pilot - for unknown reasons my P4 just dropped out of the sky two months ago and sustained major damage.
I got an estimate for $194 and sent the drone into DJI in Cerritos California.
After three weeks it comes back I fire it up and get an IMU calibration error. Try calibrating - seven times even after chilling the bird and battery in the fridge. No good. Call DJI they have to have the drone back to fix it. This after they "fixed it" and charged me $194 - apparently they never tested it before shipping it back to me. Terrible experience. Has anyone experience this low level of service from DJI? For a $1400 drone and $200 repair fee you'd think they could get it right, but nope.
We need to complain up to the CEO... billions in his bank account and yet the worst customer service experience.

Yes, you will find experiences all over the internet, all the forums, you tube, etc.
Terrible customer service and they will lie to you when the truth is easier to say. Never will you get an answer to a direct question.

Don';t get me started AGAIN!
Jim
WA5TEF

Yes I agree horrible experience. Waited over 90 minutes until someone from the Philippines came on. We need to keep sending DJI complaint emails until they get their act together.

Y es, no way to complain to them in the States. I sent a certified letter a couple of months ago and no one would sign for it. I am seriously thinking of sending something to HO in China. See if any one replies. They may really not know just how bad it is here. Oh well, not gonna get stired up again.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: macoman and omid B
Y es, no way to complain to them in the States. I sent a certified letter a couple of months ago and no one would sign for it. I am seriously thinking of sending something to HO in China. See if any one replies. They may really not know just how bad it is here. Oh well, not gonna get stired up again.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
If the CEO have an email or even better, a Twitter account... We can send him complaints. According to Forbes, his net worth have a value of over $3 billion dollars... He is the first billionaire entrepreneur from making drones. He have direct accountability in how his company deal with customer support. I read that he admire Steve Jobs from Apple, but Apple have one of the best customer support in the tech industry and he should try to get to that level if he really wants DJI to continue been successful.

I suggest a bunch of us write him and let him know about the problem. It might shake up things now that President Trump may be dealing anew on trade agreements. It's worth a try. Postage to China is not a factor considering how much these drones cost.

I'm going to write him, let's see how many more will. It would be good to see Customer Support here squirm a little!
Jim
WA5TEF

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl