Lens Disconnected error

Reaction score
Just flown my P4P+ for the first time since I brought it a few weeks ago, and I'm get an error on the DJI GO 4 screen "Lens Disconnected" error. I cant see what is wrong and everything less appears normal. The drone flies ok and provides video OK. Any idea's where to stat looking. Drone and controller were updated before my first flight to the latest version of firmware. from the DJI site.

Thanks msinger, I did come across this thread when trying to research the problem.. Not sure if this is the same error, although the symptoms are alike.
My craft is a P4P+ not the Inspire 2, (that may or may not make a difference) but at no time have I used a RC slave.. I can try reloading all the Firmware again.
But it would be nice to get to the root cause of the issue.

Just tried to reapply firmware, (V01,04.0602) to the aircraft using DJI Assistant 2. After several attempts it keeps failing at 72% of the install with error code 0x028103. Just before the failure, the gimbal rotates to the left then very slowly back towards center. Drone then reboots and DJI Assistant gives the error code... Still looking like a camera/gimbal error to me.

Did you try formatting the Phantom's memory card before installing the firmware update in the DJI Assistant 2 application? If that does not help, then try rolling the firmware back to an older version in the DJI Assistant 2 application.

Did you try formatting the Phantom's memory card before installing the firmware update in the DJI Assistant 2 application? If that does not help, then try rolling the firmware back to an older version in the DJI Assistant 2 application.
Hi. msinger, I'll try your suggestion of formatting the SD card but where can I get previous version of the drone FW. The DJI Assistant 2 only shows the latest version.

Further update..
1. Removed SD card from the controller (GL300E)
2. Formatted the SD card (FAT32). (Full format from the PC & not Quick format)
3. Downloaded Controller FW from DJI site (V01.02.02.00 2017-09-30)
4. Extracted BIN file from the ZIP and copied it to the SD card
5. Installed SD card back into the Controller and performed a 'Local Update'
6. Rebooted controller. All OK so far.
7. Removed the SD card from the P4P and also performed a clean format of the card, then reinstalled back into the Controller
8. Connected the P4P to the PC and ran DJI Assistant 2, (version V1.1.6)
9. Only FW shown on the DJI Assistant was the latest version 01.04.0602.
10. Only option available to me was to perform a FW refresh.
11. FW downloads OK, Transmits to P4P OK, but fails at 72% during the upgrade phase.(error 0x028103).
12. Recycled power to controller and P4P. Controller connects to the P4P OK and does NOT show any FW mismatch or error.
13. However, still getting the 'Lens Disconnected' error. Which was my original problem....

I was unable to downgrade the FW because I don't know where to locate these files???

where can I get previous version of the drone FW
You can find older P4P firmware versions here. They cannot be installed using the DJI Assistant 2 application. See more details in that thread.

You can find older P4P firmware versions here. They cannot be installed using the DJI Assistant 2 application. See more details in that thread.
Still reviewing the tread... It looks a bit risky to me. This thread is also primarily a Mavic thread and very Mavic orientated. I can see the different bin files for the P4P OK, (I assume I would downgrade to 01.03.0509_P4P_dji_system.bin using the tool), but what about the P4P+. Am I correct in thinking that if I downgrade the P4P, the GL300 controller will see a mismatch and request a firmware upgrade for the aircraft? If so, how to I downgrade the GL300 to match the P4P so they are compatible and also,where do I get the GL300 files to downgrade the controller?

This thread is also primarily a Mavic thread and very Mavic orientated.
Right -- which makes sense since it's in a Mavic forum.

Am I correct in thinking that if I downgrade the P4P, the GL300 controller will see a mismatch and request a firmware upgrade for the aircraft?
I've never seen such a prompt. However, you will see a prompt if you're remote controller needs to be upgraded.

how to I downgrade the GL300 to match the P4P so they are compatible and also,where do I get the GL300 files to downgrade the controller?
You can download old P4P+ remote controller firmware here.

Msinger, Thanks for the quick response. I'll download the FW and give it a try.
BTW. lots of useful info in that link.
Cheers.

Update,
1. Downgraded the GL300E to V01.02.00 OK.
2. Followed the Dumldore procedure to backup the FW from the P4P OK.
3. Followed by the transfer of FW, (V01.03.0509) to the P4P
4. Upgrade starts and fails again at 72%.....
To me this is looking more & more like a hardware/gimbal problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus