Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

LEDs blinking twice green

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ccase39, Feb 9, 2015.

1. ccase39

I looked around in the manual and may have missed it but today I was in the air and was getting the steady single flash of the LEDs indicating I was in GPS mode. I noticed that for a few minutes every once and a while it would blink green twice quickly and then go back to the single green flash. I switched to GS to make sure it was still reading GPS mode and it was the whole time. I thought I noticed this happening as I accelorated although may have been coincidence.
    the
    I have also noticed lately that even when it flashes green indicating I am in GPS mode AND the GS confirms it is in fact in GPS mode that when I take off there is a few minutes of drift even though everything tells me its in GPS and not ATTI. After a minute or two it will stabalize and hold its position but it almost got me in trouble when it started to drift and I wasnt expecting it to.

2. MrC

MrC

Sticks at centre = single green flash.
    Sticks not at centre ie you are moving them = double green flash.
    Its quite normal.

3. ccase39

lol ok thanks. My bad.

4. Woody

Your drifting issue sounds like magnetic declination, although one of the firmware updates last year was supposed to fix that.

5. Buckaye

usually the declination thing isn't when you are trying to hold a position though... it's when you are trying to fly straight over a distance and you get a curve - Ianwood is an expert in this so hopefully he can chime in.

A couple of clarifying questions though:

1. How much drift are you seeing? a couple of feet? inches? yards?
    2. Is the drift circular? (IE like a toilet bowl)? If so - re-calibrate your compass.
    3. If it calms down it might be that you're going from like 6 satellites to 10... the more satellites the better fixed position you will get.
    4. Is it breezy? I find my Phantom drifts a few feet and recovers in breezy/gusty conditions.

6. ccase39

The drift is forward and kind of in circes too. Wind wasn't much of a factor. I have flown in higher with no problems.