LED Lights for Phantom 4

Gezz Billy F you made me dig out this old pic when i was experimenting,on back were strobes off another drone (detect x380),used to fly normal but did look bit out there,but hey trial and error,
1511660317882-845015224.jpg
heres another one with a personal locator strobe modified to run on same 9volt square batt,
1511660490048727216372.jpg
this was crude ,worked well could see well over 2km away , cable tied on legs are 2 led torchs ,once agin work well but primitive and looked a mess,stepped up v2 strobon and p4 headlight set now days,man hard case looking at those old pics,what was i thinking:),,,9 volt batt club member

Interesting! Did the extra weight shorten your flight time much? I have a bunch of good cheap lights from banggood.com that I may try out., Check them out, Chinese but very very CHEAP and good quality. Thank you for posting!
Jim
WA5TEF

Interesting! Did the extra weight shorten your flight time much? I have a bunch of good cheap lights from banggood.com that I may try out., Check them out, Chinese but very very CHEAP and good quality. Thank you for posting!
Jim
WA5TEF
Hi um flight times were around same never notice any excess drain or stress

Yes, good to know you can see it that far away. Night flights, though Transport Canada seems to think are more dangerous actually have the potential to be MUCH safer.

You can see lights against a black backdrop MUCH better, and if you are able to use colored lighting and perhaps flashing lights to help you identify which way the drone is facing, you will likely be able to fly it WELL BEYOND the half a mile you are basically limited to during daylight VLOS...

Not to mention there is way less air traffic; and the air traffic there is up there should have lighting as well...

Reactions: jryser
I ordered my 9 volt holders last night. Five for about a dollar each is great price.
Thanks again

Jim
WA5TEF

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka