Laptop recommendations

Take a look at a Dell XPS 13 or a Lenovo Yoga 900 on their respective sites. They can be configured with enough horsepower to do what you want and at your price level. And I would also check out HP as well.

Went for this in the end
Part Number: Z9E10EA#ABU
HP Pavilion 17-ab200na Laptop
£1,099.00
HP 3 year Pickup and Return Notebook Service
Accessories Features Technical details Reviews
Get ready to unleash your inner content-creating, media-craving, game-crushing potential, because this Pavilion Laptop was built to handle everything you’ve got. With turbocharged performance you can go from immersive streaming sessions to lag-free video editing, and do it all from wherever you want.

Windows 10 Home 64
Intel[emoji768] Core[emoji769] i7-7700HQ processor
43.9 cm (17.3") diagonal Full-HD (1920 x 1080) display
16GB RAM with 128GB SSD and 1TB storage
NVIDIA[emoji768] GeForce[emoji768] GTX 1050 (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi
I'm in the same boat lol thinking of getting a good gaming laptop with the right specs ,recently I came across the 4k asus zenbook pro ux550 it will be available around mid august I will wait and do some more resurge until than [emoji3]

HP Omen 17. 7700HQ (Which should help with encoding 4k video), 16Gb ram (after upgrading) and two hard drives. One M.2. and the other a 1tb hdd. Also has a 1070 card which rocks. Not a bad machine, bit cheaper than the others with acceptable to high fan noise.

If the laptop has a separate graphics card and a SSD drive and the i7 or i5 processor and can have 8GB of RAM you will be fine. The Lenovo X270 with this configuration sells for $1,263, though it has Windows 10 Pro. I buy the Lenovo computers which still ship with Windows 7 Pro and when that is not longer possible I will be switching to Mac Pro and OS X. The X270 has up to 23 hour battery life and boots in seconds thanks to the SSD and for use when traveling I find both aspects invaluable.

To the OP: No need to be afraid of Windows 10. A simple addition to the 'hosts' file will stop the information being sent. Or just turn stuff off the traditional way. Search for hosts someone that cares... it's a blue page with a lot of text.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl