Landing?

Reaction score
Got P4 and mavic for Christmas. First time flying drones. Does P4 have precision soft landing like mavic? It seems to land much harsher.

P4 and mavic? Lucky you...

I've found that the P4 does land hard when it lands by itself. I've been bringing the bird in manually for that reason.

Cheers

I only hand catch the Mavic in the harshest scenarios the blades are much closer to your fingers. Mavic's landing feet are under the front props and rear of the AC body. Almost no threat to tip over. I'm always hand catching my Phantom's for a number of reasons including the position of the skids and weight distribution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think my question wasn't very clear. I want to know if the P4 should land as softly as the mavic. I want it to but it doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I think my question wasn't very clear. I want to know if the P4 should land as softly as the mavic. I want it to but it doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
It does if you land it manually. Personally, I've never used auto-takeoff OR auto-landing. I don't see the sense in either one.

Are they both set up the same ? Is the vision positioning turned on ? Perhaps the vision on the 4 is being confused by the surface pattern beneath it.

Personally i dont like the idea of not being in control during the two most crucial parts of the flight. (Take off & landing ) If things go wrong there you have very little time to recover.

Might be handy for complete beginners so they dont crash on their very first flight but i reckon it should be turned off once the Go App has the advanced flight modes activated.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have to agree that the P4's auto landing is quite hard. I did it once when I first got my P4 and decided that was the last time. Now I just slowly pull soft landings with left stick down.

I manually landed the P4 for the first week or so that I owned it. Makes a good, soft landing but be careful not to move the sticks until you are fully shut down.

Now I hand catch all the time.

AD

Reactions: John Locke

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl