Keep getting RTH warnings that not available due to high winds

Reaction score
Not sure if anybody else is getting these but I keep getting warnings that RTH is unavailable due to high winds . This is a bit odd as I don't seem to be getting high wind warnings (used to get loads)

I have checked the happy drones log and nothing it mentioned and winds are not high so unsure about this.

The drone is well within signal range which is always strong

Any input would be great

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Wow this is dangerous. What if you lose signal? It will be a flyaway. Can you upload the log files and tell us a bit more about what drone, tablet or phone you use and what version of app are you on

Neon Euc

When the weather improves I will send it up and see if I can recreate it - although RTH won't work I always fly back manually so will see what I can do

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm getting the same thing. When I push RTH the P4P comes straight down. Thought maybe that RTH did not work in Beginner Mode. I've got the P4P, less than 2 weeks old, and using an IPad Air 2. Using Go 4. Calibrated compass before flying. I check wind speed with several apps all said ok to fly. Everything looked good during flight except the high wind warning. Don't remember what the wind speed was. Not an apple guy, can't figure how to get the log files out of the IPad. 8*(

I'm guessing: The aircraft deduces this from the motor loading parameters and IMU data compared with GPS groundspeed. When the actual speed over the surface (GPS) is far out from the predicted value based on relative power being sent to each motor, and the orientation (tilt) of the aircraft, it concludes strong winds.

When I push RTH the P4P comes straight down
Was your Phantom within 65 feet of the home point? If so, that's working as designed.

Reactions: Zoiboyz
Mine is a new p4p and have the same warning, high winds return to home ? It was a bit breezy but not what I would call high wind

Flew today. Wind speed 5mph and, according to the app, wind chill of 66 F.
Went through 2 batteries with no warnings, well at least none about the wind. Had one that said "calibrate compass or move" (something like that) and the incessant beeping of the proximity alarm.
The main thing I gleamed from today's flight is that I need more batteries. 8*)

Signed up with Healthy Drones and downloaded flights. Even though I was getting warnings about high wind yesterday there are no high wind warning on Healthy Drones. I would have guessed that any and all warnings would be recorded.

I get the same warning to use RTH, It is just a bad programing in Go4
I just did the new Go4. In 10 to 15 MPH wind and no warning..
I will see what happens with more windy flight.

No warnings on mine either with healthy drones and still get warnings - last night 100m up directly above said that RTH would not work Di be extra careful lol.

Thank his I never rely on it - going to do a few flights with litchi and see what happens then

Litchi flight yesterday in blowy conditions and no warnings at all and all worked perfectly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart