Just playing with lightroom p3s photo

Reaction score
Boltons.bench.2.jpg

Seriously from a $400-$500 device how cool are these things? That is a beautiful shot!

Thanks guys.

You probably wouldn't say it was nice of you saw the original lol. Lightroom is so powerful.

What was your shutter speed when this image was shot? Was it windy? Where you the AC in a stable hover or horizontal flight? The image seems to suffer from significant motion blur, being unacceptably unsharp.

As to the processing it's a little over baked for my liking, the colours (particularly greens and blues) seem over saturated and it appears oversharoened also.

Reactions: rich_schultz
What was your shutter speed when this image was shot? Was it windy? Where you the AC in a stable hover or horizontal flight? The image seems to suffer from significant motion blur, being unacceptably unsharp.

As to the processing it's a little over baked for my liking, the colours (particularly greens and blues) seem over saturated and it appears oversharoened also.

Not sure on shutter speeds. It was set to auto. It was a very overcast day and it wasn't helped by the fact I had a uv filter on the camera making the light to the lens even less. It was sent particularly windy and the aircraft was hovering.

What do you suggest I do with the processing?

Here is the original...
DJI_0007.JPG

Last edited:
Not sure on shutter speeds. It was set to auto. It was a very overcast day and it wasn't helped by the fact I had a uv filter on the camera making the light to the lens even less. It was sent particularly windy and the aircraft was hovering.

What do you suggest I do with the processing?

Here is the original...View attachment 76794
To the extent you attached a file I can't open it at present, might be an issue with my mobile connection.

In any case, your processing, and the overall look you create in your images, is your call (or it might be the clients if you are selling your work). This is art, it's subjective, and people's preferences and tastes vary widely. If I was processing it enhancements to the sky would be to enhance detail and contrast while trying to arrive at an overall colour that is likely to be seen in nature. People will naturally relate to it then.

The more i look at it , the more i agree with you its over baked. It needs a more natural look, i think i over colored it because of the lack of color from the original im guessing due to such poor light.

Not sure why there was so much motion blur though??

Very nice. Did you take AEB photos and blend?

Hey frank, nope. Just a single shot and then tweaked with the software.

It was a cloudy overcast day. Which I think is why the motion blur is there.

Either way it's now your fault I bought into the Lightroom/photoshop program! Thanks for helping me spend my money! From the original to the photos after you used software on it, awesome look to the shot

from an untrained eye i feel theres something up with your camera. the left side of your pics look a little blurred compared to the right side. that or the beer goggleso_O
nice place to get some pics though

Lower portions look good to me. The sky could use some tweaking I think. Are you using the graduated filter to adjust just the colors in the sky?

I love LR!

I'm somewhat new to this.. so I will apologize for probably asking a dumb question but what is light room?

Lightroom is a photo application from Adobe. Basically it lets you manipulate pictures without having to know much. It can be very powerful though if you understand how to use it well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT