Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Just got my GP4 Black

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sdtrojan, Jan 11, 2015.

1. sdtrojan

I will not be using it on my Phantom, though, it's to replace the GP3 Black that I use on the phantom so I don't have to keep taking it off the gimbal when I want to use it for something else.

The only reason I am posting this is because I was a little surprised the thing did not come with the Smart Remote standard. Is it really necessary to charge me extra for that GoPro???

2. 750r

Yep I got a second GP4B from their site came without a battery so I emailed them to send me a battery (still waiting) I also asked why this cam is more with less the 3&3+ 400 with remote the 4 500 without remote (not that I need another one got 4) they said because it's 4K that was it . Seems GP is getting greedy I think this will be my last GP they are getting out of control like apple .

3. sdtrojan

Yes, I have an iPhone but I noticed there are some limitations with the GP4 app that really preclude its use for me. My son plays baseball and I like to record his games and throw together hi-lite reel of his at bats and defensive plays so we can review them after the game. I also use Gamechanger to score the game. I noticed (with the GP3 linked to the GP app) that every time I left the app to keep score on the phone the camera would receive a command to stop recording. Just easier for me to use the Smart Remote, plus it saves me from burning battery by not having the wifi (and I guess now blu-tooth) on.

Regarding the contents, I didn't look too closely at that (apparently, right?), because when I bought my GP3 black it was bundled with the camera. Just kind of thought it came by default.