Just a thought

Me too! Been detecting since 1985, with Garretts. Wife uses the AT Pro; awesome machine, very light, full featured. I thought by now we would be seeing 3' under the ground with a handheld flat screen TV. I'm waiting.
I've still got a Whites 5000D that my wife and I got in the mid 70's, we would've got rich too (if "pop can tabs" were worth anything...).

I'm pushing 80, been flying Phantoms for 3 years, used balsa and Testors to make all sorts of aircraft, went to WWII surplus stores to buy materials to make crystal sets before our family could buy a radio. Life is good as I expect it to be for another 20 years.

Reactions: Craig H
I'm pre WW2 vintage...will be 79 this year. I don't think many men ever get beyond around 25 in their mind...the only real sign of the passing of time is that where you used to bounce and bend, you now bruise and break!
Started with a P3P three years ago, and now have a P4 and Mavic as well. Happy days! :)

Fantastic! Your words hit a cord with me. The 25, in the mind, part......lol.

I've still got a Whites 5000D that my wife and I got in the mid 70's, we would've got rich too (if "pop can tabs" were worth anything...).
You made me laugh today. I remember finding a nickel and noting the meter reading. Sometime later I started hitting the same reading everywhere and was sure I had hit the nickel killing fields. Dug about 50 pop tops that day. Same reading as nickels.

I'm pushing 80, been flying Phantoms for 3 years, used balsa and Testors to make all sorts of aircraft, went to WWII surplus stores to buy materials to make crystal sets before our family could buy a radio. Life is good as I expect it to be for another 20 years.
We put are radio under a big bowl so we could all hear it

would like to find the oldest and youngest person on this forum. I know there is a guy that is about 80 and I have conversed with a young man who was 15.

Reactions: Alan-G
I'm probably a youngster compared to some on the forum, but I'll be 79 at the end of the year.

I'm 62 but I now have more toys than I did when I was 6.
I'm 73. U-control, free flight, early RC (anybody remember escapements?), Heathkit RC(xmitter, rec and servos), built two kit airplanes (full size), flew Bonanza A-36 for business, instrument rated, etc. etc.

"He who dies with the most toys wins."

Just turned 60 and fairly new to drones, but have loved and worked for most of my adult life with all manner of aircraft - from RC fixed and rotary wings to advanced military drones to many types of manned a/c...

I'm 74 and have worked with computers since the early 60's when building basic circuits with vacuum tubes and transistors. WOW !!! Technology has come a long way! What I like most today is the nice post-processing tools for both still images and video. Take a look: www.schundlerphoto.com

61, just started flying a couple of months ago. Took my first flight with my new P4P yesterday. Toys? Yip I have tons - RC tug boats, camera equipment galore plus 4 old classic cars. Had nothing but sticks to play with as a kid. Retired 2 years ago and currently think life is great and love keeping the wife guessing as to when I will grow up

Reactions: Alan-G and Loz
I'm 64 and have had my pilots license since I was in my 20's. Flew by-wire models, then RC planes, and believe me kids, flying these is a LOT easier than anything I ever flew whether real or model. With all this GPS stuff and gyros etc... these things are far easier, so as for us old guys, we're just taking it easy way now :)
John

Hi, I'm 70 years young and got into flying with U-control. Did fly a little private and glider, but then took up sailing. Currently actively operate a couple of RC sailboats, fly a couple of RC seaplanes, a couple of low wing aerobatics, a giant 105' wingspan Jenny, a mini drone, a mid-level drone and a P4. I am getting to be as old as the trees I hit! One of my early RC planes was controlled with amateur radio transmitters and receivers and had terrific range. One flew ten miles up a lake and back without losing any control!

Reactions: wmclements2003

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3