JIHADI KARMA ISIS fighter killed by drone bomb he was operating after it ran low on battery and flew back

Personally I think it a two facet story ...

1. To brighten the days of the public back home, who often read of terrible things happening to the brave who are fighting ISIS.

2. but also playing into the hands of Drone Legislators in illustrating use of a Hobby Item to kill.

I know some may disagree with #2 ... but the media are too often two faced imbeciles who don't care about morality or safeguarding others. Too often Truth and Story do not coincide.

Reactions: Shoot4fun
It's just typical of the made up stories told in every war to boost morale by portraying the other side as inept.

Unfortunately having been a 'contractor' in War Zones and seen some of the 'real incidents' - I can agree to that ...

Reactions: dronesky
I just have trouble believing the whole story ... yes I am aware that Phantoms as well as other multi's are used - its just this battery low and it returned to kill him.

If the guy is clever enough to get it into air with device attached, then why didn't he ditch it when it started to return home ? He only had to CSC or give full down left stick ... it would have crashed / landed where it was.

I think some 'media hype' has been included in the article ...
We see otherwise intelligent people making huge mistakes with drones all the time and they claim they don't understand what happened. This is totally believable.

Reactions: dronesky
I’d guess he was trying to land it, swap the battery and give it another go, when something didn’t go according to plan... I’m guessing he had some drop mechanism on there that either malfunctioned or he accidentally triggered it while trying to land it.

Reactions: quadrotor
Reactions: BigAl07
I am amazed at how many are taken in by this story ...

Do people really believe that a person is going to stand there and watch his drone fly back carrying an IED and let it explode right where he stands ?

I feel confident that there is far more to this story than that ... but whatever the real story is - most likely does not suit Media ...

I am amazed at how many are taken in by this story ...

Do people really believe that a person is going to stand there and watch his drone fly back carrying an IED and let it explode right where he stands ?

I feel confident that there is far more to this story than that ... but whatever the real story is - most likely does not suit Media ...
There’s been plenty of bombers killed by their own devices.. very few are intentional. What makes you think he wasn’t trying to get control of it, so as not to lose the “asset” entirely? Even if it was designed to go off on impact rather than a remote trigger, it could simply have been an accident: either he shut it down in flight inadvertently, or just made a too-hard landing.. There are a lot of scenarios more plausible than what you’re suggesting here.

It's really not that amazing remember Gatwick Now that was hard to believe

Yes I do - but I would not compare the two as one is basically trying to say a guy would stand and let the drone with IED come back to him without doing anything ...

But Gatwick was a matter of ensuring the safety of airline passengers ... whether there were actually Drones or not. The fact that they were reported is enough to trigger safety response.

There’s been plenty of bombers killed by their own devices.. very few are intentional. What makes you think he wasn’t trying to get control of it, so as not to lose the “asset” entirely? Even if it was designed to go off on impact rather than a remote trigger, it could simply have been an accident: either he shut it down in flight inadvertently, or just made a too-hard landing.. There are a lot of scenarios more plausible than what you’re suggesting here.

But that is how the story is written.

I agree that it's possible an error or whatever occurred - but its so unlikely. I do not suggest anything except the unlikely scenario as written.
Of course many have been killed or injured by their own IED's ... but seriously - think about this report ... you'd have to be a complete loon to suffer RTH death !!

Its been already found that many of the 'drone bomb' devices are simply grenades with cord to the pin ... sitting on a platform. Fly it out cause it to tip so the grenade drops and cord pulls the pin ... simple ...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor