Jello

Reaction score
I was a little disappointed when I saw somewhat of a jello effect in my P4P videos.

Before I purchased it, I noticed on various youtube videos that P4P video was very solid and that the other models had the jello effect.

It's not bad, but not as good as what I have seen on other videos. I notice it when moving and when climbing or descending. Could it be an issue with balancing the rotors and if so, how is that accomplished?

I was a little disappointed when I saw somewhat of a jello effect in my P4P videos.

Before I purchased it, I noticed on various youtube videos that P4P video was very solid and that the other models had the jello effect.

It's not bad, but not as good as what I have seen on other videos. I notice it when moving and when climbing or descending. Could it be an issue with balancing the rotors and if so, how is that accomplished?
Are you talking about going up or down pretty fast though? Because it will shudder just a bit if your really hitting it hard down especially.

Do you still have jello issues?

I just bought a P4P on Saturday took out today and compared to my Inspire1Pro. with X5 camera and the P4P has great clarity and sharpness. but has an intermittent Jello effect, it will have it interemittently. when sitting still videoing and when moving forward going up and going down but other times you start the video it seems to be fine. about 25% it is fine, 75% of the time it is noticable "jello" very sad to see that. my old Inspire with X3 cam was golden. always crisp and no "jelly".

When shooting none of the settings are changed between the "Jello" and non "jello" results. it seems to be like it just sometimes cannot work perfectly.

very dissappointed

I just bought a P4P on Saturday took out today and compared to my Inspire1Pro. with X5 camera and the P4P has great clarity and sharpness. but has an intermittent Jello effect, it will have it interemittently. when sitting still videoing and when moving forward going up and going down but other times you start the video it seems to be fine. about 25% it is fine, 75% of the time it is noticable "jello" very sad to see that. my old Inspire with X3 cam was golden. always crisp and no "jelly".

When shooting none of the settings are changed between the "Jello" and non "jello" results. it seems to be like it just sometimes cannot work perfectly.

very dissappointed
Its a bad gimble man. Had a buddy that had the same thing out of the box. He sent it in and was replaced within 2 weeks.

Here is a link to the video to see the Jello "jiggle" on my new Phantom4 Pro but it is not allways present. 25% of the time it is fine. same recording settings then the next time recording in the same flight I get this as I came in to land.

I also had this issue, had to send it in. Luckily they sent me a brand new unit. Sold it awhile back, Bought a new one ,I have cracks in the frame now. This time they will not give me a new unit. It must be sent in for repair. DJI chat said it will take 10-15 days

FlyingPhotos.ca did you ever get yours fixed? Mine has been rock solid for months, but over the past two weeks it's developed the dreaded jello shake, like your video.

Six people have tried to help you and you did not even have the manners to reply. Hope you fixed it. If you have problems again please dont hesitate to ask someone else. :)

Somehow I lost track of this thread. My apologies to the six and to you if you were one of them.

I have the jello problem sometimes still and sometimes I don't.

The only way to solve the Jello problem is by eliminate the gimbal calibration. Either by changing the gimbal rubber absorbers or by replacing the gimbal completely. The first you can do it yourself, the second if under warranty can be done by DJI.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3